Jaxport Embarkation/debarkation Questions.

TnMama

We're sailing out of Jax on July 9th.{19 days!} Its my first time and Im super stoked.:D:):D

How is embarkation? Is 10:30 too early to arrive? do you board on first come first serve? {aside from VIP's and all that} How long does it normally take for your luggage to get to your room?

Ok, Debarkation. Ive heard you can be off the ship by 7:30 if you do self assist. Is that easier than putting your bags in the hallway? I want as smooth a transition as possible. Ive got a 1pm flight out of there,so I need to be at the AP by 11:30. Should I do self disbark?

Thanks for answering this novice cruiser's questions in advance. I feel like Ive been already b/c Ive been on this site so long.:) Thats why I asked what seem like silly questions, b/c I know yall will answer them.:D

Thanks!

What about the parking lot? We're getting some friends who are sailing with us to take us to the airport. Is the parking lot a mad house,or is there ample parking? thanks.

Hi no it is very easy only one ship very very easy

Thanks! Im just trying to have all my ducks in a row. the time I plan to relax is on board, not before hand,lol. Im not very good at it,thats why I chose a cruise, to try to LEARN how to chill out...:eek::cool:

We're sailing out of Jax on July 9th.{19 days!} Its my first time and Im super stoked.:D:):D

How is embarkation? Is 10:30 too early to arrive? do you board on first come first serve? {aside from VIP's and all that} How long does it normally take for your luggage to get to your room?

Ok, Debarkation. Ive heard you can be off the ship by 7:30 if you do self assist. Is that easier than putting your bags in the hallway? I want as smooth a transition as possible. Ive got a 1pm flight out of there,so I need to be at the AP by 11:30. Should I do self disbark?

Thanks for answering this novice cruiser's questions in advance. I feel like Ive been already b/c Ive been on this site so long.:) Thats why I asked what seem like silly questions, b/c I know yall will answer them.:D

TnMama- You will be waiting a long time if you get there on the 9th at 10:30 since our cruise isn't leaving until the 10th! LOL :D

Self debarkation is easy as long as you can carry your own luggage. (Keep that in mind)

See ya soon!

Linda

I have a question for those of you sailing out of Jacksonville. We are doing this in January. Where are you staying if you are coming in the day before. We are trying to plan for our cruise, and I have checked out hotels, but still don't know for sure where the best place to get a room is. Up by the airport or close to the cruiseport? I have sailed out of Ft Lauderdale and Miami and know that cabs are available to take us to the ship in those cities. Are they available in Jacksonville? Thanks for any help that you can give!

I have a question for those of you sailing out of Jacksonville. We are doing this in January. Where are you staying if you are coming in the day before. We are trying to plan for our cruise, and I have checked out hotels, but still don't know for sure where the best place to get a room is. Up by the airport or close to the cruiseport? I have sailed out of Ft Lauderdale and Miami and know that cabs are available to take us to the ship in those cities. Are they available in Jacksonville? Thanks for any help that you can give!

As a resident of Jacksonville, I can only tell you that there isn't much in the way of hotels close to the cruiseport (its really new) looks like only one, so your best bet is the airport where you have more choices. We do have cabs in Jax so I don't think that will be a problem.

TnMama- You will be waiting a long time if you get there on the 9th at 10:30 since our cruise isn't leaving until the 10th! LOL :D

Self debarkation is easy as long as you can carry your own luggage. (Keep that in mind)

See ya soon!

Linda

OMG Linda- I was thinking the same thing - I actually had to look at the calendar as I was thinking, I thought we left on the 10th!

She may be thinking she can save on a night at the hotel! :eek:

LOL, I MENT Im getting there a day before,lol.:o Sorry about the confusion. Thanks for calling me out on it,:D Should have said either sailing on the tenth or flying in on the 9th. Im just soooo ready!!!!

Dewats~ my roomie and I have a hotel booked the night before at an Airport hotel. they have some great rates! I got our room for less than 50 for a 2 1/2 star on hotwire. Good luck!

Archived