Bring Water and Soda on board?

I just checked my Cruise documents for up coming August trip and in the 36 page booklet that you can print off, there is NO mention regarding non alcaholic beverages being banned only alcaholic beverages. I would think from a legal perspective the cruise documents have more merit than the website since these are tailored to each individual cruise sailing. That's my $0.02 worth.

Off the RCCL.com website 1 minute ago ...Quote:Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? - Royal Caribbean International Print This Page Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

I'm just saying that I don't think that is a change of policy. I'm fairly certain that I remember it reading exactly that way more than a year ago.

What did people do, before the marketing engines went to work, and found out that Americans will pay for bottled water, instead of the "free" stuff. they drank the free stuff, and no one died. Water is free on the ship, so why buy it?

Well, here's my 2 pence worth :)

I have to take a *lot* of medication, mostly at bedtime, and while the water out of the jugs at dinner tastes fine, the water from the bathroom tap in the cabin doesn't (and is often lukewarm). So I'll be hoping to take a couple of big bottles of water onboard purely to keep in the cabin to take my meds. I will happily open/taste it in front of the security staff if they wish, but that's why I like to buy it.

I'm just saying that I don't think that is a change of policy. I'm fairly certain that I remember it reading exactly that way more than a year ago.

Prior to Jun 1st the website read: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use

After Jun 1st it reads: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use

Prior to Jun 1st the website read: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use

After Jun 1st it reads: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use

I'm sure that I read the "non-alcoholic" part more than year ago, when I first brought soda onboard the Enchantment. I was a little worried because of it, but the good people of Cruise Critic assured me that soda would go through just fine.

I feel like a broken record because I keep asking this, but has anyone actually had NON-ALCOHOLIC beverages confiscated? A real person? I know what the policy says, and do not need to see it printed yet again. What is the actual practice? Anyone?

Until I hear from a bunch of people saying that their water/juice/soda/NON-ALCOHOLIC beverages are being confiscated, I'm not going to worry about it.

So far, I've heard from NO ONE that this has actually happened to. Just a bunch of people re-posting a policy.

Off the RCCL.com website 1 minute ago ...Quote:Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? - Royal Caribbean International Print This Page Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

If you read the dozens of blogs on this site. More and More people are experiencing confiscation and searches. When you are onboard, their city

RCCL has the right to do whatever your signed cruise ageement states.

I have never heard of anyone being thrown off the ship for smuggling beverages, drugs yes,... but I read a recent blog from a CC blogger who got kicked off a ship in Europe. This man handed out flyers during the art auction stating that the authenticity of art and the reputation of the art auction company should be questioned. He was right too, the auction company recently lost a law suit for selling FAKE art. RCL is in process of kicking these art auction scammers off their ships permanently. This man was kicked off the ship, even though RCCL had not provided a specific policy to him. The cruise staff can do whatever they chose. Just like a small town lawman who does'nt know the law can write you a ticket for what he/she thinks is right in his mind.

Not recent. A year ago.

The Captain of the vessel is the ultimate authority. Period.

And none of this has anything to do with beverages. :rolleyes:

Archived