Vines Wine List or Expert?

Pythian

We’ve been on the updated ships a few times, and my DW really likes dropping by Vines. She really likes the “Pope’s” wine best, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out what the actual name is. It ends in “Pope” – I believe. French (I think) but could be Italian? A wine list or ‘expert’ would be helpful!

Thanks!!!! Dan

Ok, yes, I think that is it (!) -- Chateauneuf-du-Pape -- but do you (or anyone here) know 'which' is the vineyard where this is bottled? There appear to be a few. It makes sense, as my DW likes French Rhone wines along with Beaujolais.

does anyone know if sangria is sold at Vines?

Not in the ones I've been to. More of a high-end wine of 'modest' cost. Some of the ships have a community table too (for about 8), where they have wine and cheese parings… very fun, but not on all the ships due to size.

Ok, I'll give up for a while, but if anyone knows the Vines wine list, or the vineyard for the Chateauneuf-du-Pape (at vines) I'd sure be appreciative! Really....

Thanks,

Dan

Ok, I'll give up for a while, but if anyone knows the Vines wine list, or the vineyard for the Chateauneuf-du-Pape (at vines) I'd sure be appreciative! Really....

Thanks,

Dan

Dan, Chateauneuf-du-Pape is my favourite wine. While I don't know what they sell at Vines, I can recommend my favourite here on land. It's Clos Saint Michel, either the 2006 reserve cuvee or the 2005. It runs about $50 here at Total Wine.

I discovered this wine via a recommendation from a salesperson at a wine store. If you can't find Clos Saint Michel, you could ask your wine merchant for a C-d-P recommendation.

Finally, if you want to find the exact wine carried at Vines, one option might be to ask someone to check the menu for you from one of the roll calls for that ship.

Rdsgrl - Thanks! I've printed it and will ask at our local wine store -- it's pretty big - and I'd bet if they don't have it they can get it.

Appreciate you and Alessandrina's help - My DW has a birthing day coming up and I will get her a bottle or two. I know she will enjoy them (and may even let me sample a glass too!).

Dan

I believe the wine you are thinking about is "Domaine du Para Caboche

Chateauneuf du Pape Red" Retails at $29 per on (67 wine dot com) This a blend from 2006 a blend of grenache,syrah, mourverde, & cinsault. They show the label see if this is the match.

I believe the wine you are thinking about is "Domaine du Para Caboche

Chateauneuf du Pape Red" Retails at $29 per on (67 wine dot com) This a blend from 2006 a blend of grenache,syrah, mourverde, & cinsault. They show the label see if this is the match.

Thanks! I'll have to try them both now........ appreciate the post.

Dan

CHateuneuf de pape is a region ..there are multiple vineyards that bottle and market this red wine from France.

That's true, and one of the reasons I'm asking. Do you have one of the vines lists, or? I'm willing to try the ones that have been forwarded, as I coud not remember which was served on Princess.... and a good bottle of wine, is, well,,,, a good bottle of wine!

d

Archived