what time to meet spencer?

cruzobsessed

my son and his new wife are spending a whole day with spencer. he said that he will be on the dock with a sign as soon as they start letting passengers off the ship.....silly question...if the ship is in port at 8....what time should they get off?:confused:

my son and his new wife are spending a whole day with spencer. he said that he will be on the dock with a sign as soon as they start letting passengers off the ship.....silly question...if the ship is in port at 8....what time should they get off?:confused:

Most tour operators will depart 1/2 hour after the ship comes into port. We were on the Carnival Victory and the ship came in to port at 8:00. We were told to get off the ship as soon as we could, so that the tour could begin promptly at 8:30. If in doubt, just email Spencer and double check on the pick-up time.

How early do you need to get in line to get off the ship ?

We are planning a trip with Spencer as well. My husband has to walk slowly due to mobility issues. He gets leg cramps and has to stop along the way. With that in mind, how quickly can we expect to make it off the ship ? Are there a lot of others who are trying to get off ASAP as well ?

delta that's a great question:).....i just heard from spencer and he said that he would love it if my kids were off by 8:15 and the latest 8:30 for exactly the same reason mentioned above.......GETTING AHEAD OF THE LARGE GROUPS:D

maybe the best place to ask that question would be on the board dedicated to your cruise line.

when are you using him?

Hi Cruzobsessed,

We are going to be there Feb. 3,2011 from the Carnival Miracle. Spencer has been SO helpful and responsive to my many questions. I know he knows everything from the port on. How long the lines are to get off is a different matter. Thanks, I will ask on the Carnival boards for those who have written reviews. Good idea.

If you are cruising with children, I'll bet they will bolt out those doors to the port. LOL. When are you going to be in St. Lucia ? Hope you will report back on how you liked it. I can't wait.

delta......i wanted to give them something special for their shower gift so i gave them "the gift of memories". as an avid cruiser:) i knew that in st. martin i wanted them to experience capt alan's 3 island tour because it was possibly the best excursion we've ever taken.

and we chose spencer because of the rave reviews on cc. they are getting married on july 2 and cruising on the serenade july 4th. they promised to take many photos and i'll post a review.

Dear Cruzobsessed, What a wonderful gift you have given your son and new daughter-in-law. I'm sure they will enjoy every moment. That's a great start to their marriage.

I haven't looked at excursions on St. Martin yet. We're going to take one of the St. Kitts Railroad excursions. My husband has some mobility issues, well for that matter, I have an arthritic knee also so we have to choose excursions that are low activity.

I'll look for your review when they return. Thanks.

How early do you need to get in line to get off the ship ?We are planning a trip with Spencer as well. My husband has to walk slowly due to mobility issues. He gets leg cramps and has to stop along the way. With that in mind, how quickly can we expect to make it off the ship ? Are there a lot of others who are trying to get off ASAP as well ?

Hi Delta Dear,

It only took us a few minutes to get off the ship. Although there was a stream of people exciting the ship, the lines were continuously moving and it really did not take long at all. I would suggest that you just try to get off the ship as soon as you can and you should have no problem getting to your tour operator on time.

Dear DZ63,

OH MY GOODNESS ! I just finished reading your entire Victory Review. I LOVED it.. It is Spencer that we are going with. Your review was fabulous. I just read the St. Lucia portion and showed the photos to my husband.

Your pictures are absolutely wonderful. They really gave me a good perspective on the terrain, the distances and the walkways that my husband should easily handle.

One question about Jalousie Beach. Are there areas to sit in the shade if you do not wish to lounge on the sand ? I couldn't tell very well.

Thank you SO much for relieving some of my anxieties. I feel very comfortable with what I saw in your photos.

You have given your sons such a wonderful life experience. There is nothing better than traveling with your children to broaden their view of the world.

Bless you for taking the time to give the gift of your review to us. Can't wait until Jan. 30 to board the Carnival Miracle and Feb.2 to meet Spencer.

Dear DZ63,

OH MY GOODNESS ! I just finished reading your entire Victory Review. I LOVED it.. It is Spencer that we are going with. Your review was fabulous. I just read the St. Lucia portion and showed the photos to my husband.

Your pictures are absolutely wonderful. They really gave me a good perspective on the terrain, the distances and the walkways that my husband should easily handle.

One question about Jalousie Beach. Are there areas to sit in the shade if you do not wish to lounge on the sand ? I couldn't tell very well.

Thank you SO much for relieving some of my anxieties. I feel very comfortable with what I saw in your photos.

You have given your sons such a wonderful life experience. There is nothing better than traveling with your children to broaden their view of the world.

Bless you for taking the time to give the gift of your review to us. Can't wait until Jan. 30 to board the Carnival Miracle and Feb.2 to meet Spencer.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad to hear that you found my review so helpful. I am certain you will thoroughly enjoy your day in St. Lucia with Spencer--he was an awesome guide and St. Lucia is such a beautiful island too!

In regards to your question about Jalousie Beach, there was alot of shade when we were there. Jalousie Beach is lined with trees. However, the really good shaded spots are under a palm tree or palapa, but these spots are reserved for those who wish to rent a beach chair from the hotel. We just put our towels down in a shady area on the beach and spent the entire time in the water. Aside from the reserved spots, I am not sure how much shade is on the beach now, as I have heard the hotel had cut off many of the tree branches. If you do not want to rent a beach chair under a palm tree or palapa, I suppose you could always email Spencer and ask him if there are areas where you could sit in the shade.

Hi Again,

I wanted you to know I read EVERY word of your entire review. I only read the St. Lucia portion to my husband. The nice thing was that I had a chance to see many sights on islands that we may never go to. That was like a travelog. Loved it.

Someone in the group I am traveling with has been in touch with Spencer. He told her that if there are some who would rather shop or go back to the ship instead of the beach, he will arrange for them to do so. That will take care of an alternative for us. Thanks again for your advice.

Archived