Pb Tom!

marjmy

Tom just a quick question as to how crowded it will be at PB if there are 9 ships in port that day, I can remember a few years back when we stay in Coz for two weeks we would count the ships coming in each morning and that would give us an indication as to what our activity was that day. We just want to veg at the beach have a few drinks and food, we will likely be there for the day as we are beach people. I have read on several threads that there are plenty of lounges, is that so on a day with that many ships! thanks in advance for your response.

Marjorie

marjmy:

We've never been to PB, or Cozumel for that matter, but we'll be there for sure on June 21st. There's only supposed to be one other ship in port with us.

If I'm not mistaken, I've read where others have posted that it's not overly crowded even with 9 ships in port, given that there's so much to do and see in Cozumel.

I'm sure Tom will be along soon to set the record straight if I missed the mark.

We are also sailing to Grand Cayman and Jamaica but Paradise Beach is the only destination I'm really looking forward to.

With 9 ships in port, it's likely to be "crowded" regardless of where you go... that is over 180K people in Cozumel... lots of people. Now, crowded is subjective... Look at the times the various ships are arriving... if you are getting in early, go early and you should be okay... but know that no matter where you go in Coz, with nine ships in port, it's likely to be a bit crowded anywhere you go... but you can still have a great time!!!!

We were in Cozumel in early December and were dissappointed that most shops downtown closed at 6. Our ship left a bit later and we were hoping to shop till we had to leave. Did get a few good prices so close to closing, but we would have liked more time to make our choices.

Yeah, with 9 ships in all the beach clubs should be busy. Get here as early as you can to get a good chair. Or you could swing by after 2p.m. or so when the "a.m. shift" goes to shop downtown...hasta la vista!

Tom, you end each of your posts with "hasta la vista" . . . unfortunately, I don't know much Spanish . . . what does that mean?

LKitt, Jmalstrom...I´m pretty sure most stores down town stay open till 9 or 10 P.M. I know that some stores on the outskirts of the shopping area will close early, but most will stay open to take advantage of all the potential customers wandering about.

Sally walks around downtown a lot, and solita also lives there, so I know they´ll have a definitive answer!

ladycaveat...means "I need a Plasma TV":) Naw, actually means something like "Till I see you", but used like you and I would say "see ya!"

Hope that answered it...hasta la vista!

Thanks Tom . . . and I may just be seeing you on May 2nd when I'm in port on Carnival's Triumph. I've probably been one of the most vocal critics about Paridise Island's "advertising" on the Cruise Critics boards. But what can I say . . . you've won me over (as well as everyone that has been there and posted such rave reviews). As I lower my head in shame for every saying anything negative about Paridise Island . . . I do look forward to seeing for myself just how wonderful it is.

Tom just a quick question as to how crowded it will be at PB if there are 9 ships in port that day, I can remember a few years back when we stay in Coz for two weeks we would count the ships coming in each morning and that would give us an indication as to what our activity was that day. We just want to veg at the beach have a few drinks and food, we will likely be there for the day as we are beach people. I have read on several threads that there are plenty of lounges, is that so on a day with that many ships! thanks in advance for your response.

Marjorie

i'll pick this up for Tom

Not EVERyone on the 9 ships will be at Paradise Beach, however if they were smart, they would be!!..there is plenty of lounges and even if you couldn't 'find' one Tom and his staff would make them magically appear so not to worry.. if you aren't watching little kids just go to the end for a quiet time.. the food and drink are excellent.. I can vouch for the shrimp, gaucomole (definitely made fresh) and the drinks :) there is a great bar and lovelysecond story open air restaurant or the staff will bring a table and serve you on the beach..the day we were there kids were enjoying the'berg

and trampoline and adults and kids were enjoying the fun kayaks, of which there are plenty..I wish I had stayed long enough for a massage but my crew needed their shopping fix!!... have fun!

ladycaveat...I won you over? Excellent! Only 1 2 3....4! (how´d I forget HER!?)ummm...5 (?) to go!!

Look forward to seeing you in May! (But be prepared to defend your "advertising" charge :D !!) Hasta la vista!!

Hi Star! Thanx for your post! :)

Tom, if you are half as nice in person as you have been on these boards . . . I will be your biggest advocate . . . . and as an attorney . . . I will defend you and Paradise Beach against anyone who says anything negative (as someone [DN] did so when it was discovered that she had never even been to PB). I still don't like "advertising" on the Cruise Critics boards but after several months of reading . . . I've been "won over" and realize that this is not the case . . . as far as you and Paradise Beach goes.

From someone who has been there & meet Tom......it's as good as everybody says it is. Beautiful place & friendly staff.....they could almost be Texans. :D And I still say, the cleanest restrooms in Mexico. When drinking is involved....those are important. ;)

See you next week Tom.

My husband and I will be in Cozumel on March 5th, so we may be seeing you then... Doing the Dolphin Swim in the morning and planning on heading over to PB around noon. Hopefully there will be some umbrellas left cuz my very white skin won't be used to the sun!

What area of Montreal are you from? I'm originally from the West Island, now living in Repentigny (my husband's fault!). See you soon!

We just returned from our 1/22 cruise and there were 6 ships in port the day we were in Cozumel. We arrived at PB at 10am and it was a lot more crowded than it was when we visited in May. We were able to get spots, however, with lounge chairs, table and umbrella, and they were very accommodating for others who came even later by setting out more of them. It is growing to be a very popular place, but still nothing like Chankanab, so much nicer!! We have definitely made it the place for us to go to when in port.

Dee

1stcruiser...according to this: http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/Default.aspx?tabid=30 there will only be 3 ships in, so no problem getting chairs and umbellas!

I'm an East-end kid...St. Michel/St. Leonard. Moved to Toronto in 81 though...hasta la vista!

roddee...love repeat customers! Thanx for your nice review in the other thread!

Most shops are open until at least 9 downtown. They usually stay open while the ships are here. Same with the ones at Puerta Maya and Punta Langosta. The ones at TMM seem to close earlier. Some small ones close for siesta from 2-5 but not very many.

My wife and I will be at PB on Feb. 28th and would like to know what to expect as far as food and drink prices. I have been to the website and do not see any prices posted. Looking forward to meeting you when we get there. We will be there after noon as we do not dock until 12 PM (Norwegian Sea) but hopefully it will not be too crowded. Thanks for any info you can give. Also, do you have any idea how many ships are in port before we get there at noon? Thanks so much.

Kathy...equal parts of rum, gin, tequila, vodka and orange liquer. Then fill the glass almost to the top with lime/lemon juice and top off with a healthy splash of cola. Drink quickly through a straw, walk and talk funny soon after!

Piña Colada: In a blender glass, throw in 2 oz. Bacardi Añejo rum, 4 oz. pineapple juice, a healthy dribble of Coco Loco concentrated piña colada mix, a splash of evaporated milk, a scoop of ice and blend that puppy up! Play with this recipe as everyone has a different version with different ratios. For example, at home I make it this way: In a blender, throw in a scoop of ice and 3 oz. of Crown Royal whiskey. Pour into a heavy rock glass, sip slowly and enjoy. Repeat when neccesary.

See? Bartending is all about adjusting recipes until ya get the combination just right to suit your tastes....FUN! ;)

PS- Glad you had a great time!

CruiseH0GG...we do have our menu and prices posted but I admit that it's not an obvious link. I'll talk to our web guy today to see if we can fix that.

The rules of the board don't permit me to post a link, sorry.

I´d imagine most if not all the other ships will be in before you, but don't have a schedule that far in advance. Check here on the week of your cruise for arrival times: http://www.cozumelinsider.com/?Page=CruiseShips&Sort=Arrival

According to this: http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/Default.aspx?tabid=30

there are only 5 ships in that day so finding a chair shouldn't be difficult. Esp. since 4 of the 5 tend to get an older crowd, mostly not into hanging out at a beach all day...hasta la vista

Archived