A ***VIDEO*** Journal and Review of Our Solstice E.C. Cruise June 13 – 20, 2010.

mathgeek1978

Video #12: Orient Beach, St. Martin

http://www.youtube.com/user/mathgeek1978#p/u/0/2bFJ48WfOS8

The previous video (#11) showed you the water taxi ride which takes you to the downtown area and a small beach (Great Bay Beach, I believe). In contrast, this video will show you Orient Beach on the French side of the island. You can now compare the two and decide which one you want to go to. We decided to go to Orient Beach. But when we returned, we still had time so we visited the other beach as well.

Just in case you don’t know, part of Orient Beach is “clothing optional” and one particular section is used by a nudist club. However, even if you are on the public (clothed) side, occasionally you’ll still see women walking over topless or men without his shorts. :eek::eek::eek: If that offends you, you might want to stay away from Orient Beach.

Don’t worry… there’s none of that on this video. I know you guys don’t care to see any of that…:D

Final Video: Cruise Slideshow

http://www.youtube.com/user/mathgeek1978#p/u/0/dOcElgvDB2k

Well, that’s just about all the videos that I have. To conclude this journal/review, the last video will be a slideshow of some of the pictures that we took during the cruise. These are some of our fondest memories and we love to share them with everyone here.

The background music is my favorite classic: Canon in D Major.

Hope you have enjoyed these videos. In the near future I’ll post a cruise highlight video. This will take a lot of heavy editing and could take me a while, but I’ll be working on it.

Enjoy the slideshow!

For editing, I use Magix Edit Pro 15 and Adobe Element 8.

mathgeek, thanks for all the videos. i've watched every single of them and really enjoyed them. a quick question, i have already bought my camcorder now i still don't understand the software part. where can i get more info and learn to use it. thanks.

mathgeek, thanks for all the videos. i've watched every single of them and really enjoyed them. a quick question, i have already bought my camcorder now i still don't understand the software part. where can i get more info and learn to use it. thanks.

You are very welcome. As for the editing software, I pretty much learned it by reading the manual and playing with it. But then I'm a GEEK! Most community colleges have classes that you can take. If you enroll in an Adobe class, be sure that it's the video editing class, and NOT the photoshop class.

I like all you your videos and was hoping you could answers two questions for me..

Which night did you consider a "so-so" MDR dinner? I am trying to choose a night for a speciality restuarant?

Which night would you consider the most formal of the two formal nights?

I like all you your videos and was hoping you could answers two questions for me..

Which night did you consider a "so-so" MDR dinner? I am trying to choose a night for a speciality restuarant?

Which night would you consider the most formal of the two formal nights?

1. There's a menu posted on the following website. Although not exactly the same, the actual current menu is very, very similar to the one posted:

http://www.thepreismans.com/celebrity_solstice_menus.htm

2. There's more participation on the first formal night.

We will be sailing on the Solistice 10/10 for our 40th wedding anniversary. Have sailed many times on RCCL, Princess, Carnival and Holland America. This is one ship we are really looking forward to. Cruising is our thing, no other vacation can compete. We are in aft cabin 9382, a little nervous about location, but everything we have read and all the videos we have seen just make the anticipation of the up coming cruise more exciting. Hoping to meet more cruisers on 10/10 Solistice cruise:):):):):)

We will be sailing on the Solistice 10/10 for our 40th wedding anniversary. Have sailed many times on RCCL, Princess, Carnival and Holland America. This is one ship we are really looking forward to. Cruising is our thing, no other vacation can compete. We are in aft cabin 9382, a little nervous about location, but everything we have read and all the videos we have seen just make the anticipation of the up coming cruise more exciting. Hoping to meet more cruisers on 10/10 Solistice cruise:):):):):)

Congratulation! Have a great cruise!

mathgeek, again thanks for your great videos. i have 2 questions. the sushi on your slideshow, are they from room service? did you book excursions in st thomas and st martin or did you go around on your own. thanks:)

mathgeek, again thanks for your great videos. i have 2 questions. the sushi on your slideshow, are they from room service? did you book excursions in st thomas and st martin or did you go around on your own. thanks:)

The sushi were from the buffet. They were available after 5:30PM and the varieties were slightly different each night.

No, we did not book any excursion in St Thomas and St Martin. It's very easy to get around and find things you like to do and places you like to see. Visit the port of call boards for some great ideas.

I just discovered this thread.

We were on the 6/13 with Mathgeek.

Evidently, we were standing right alongside you the night of Sizzle at the other end of the pool area. I recognized the show dancer spinning the little girl around on the walkway and finally finished downloading our 1100+ stills (from 4 weeks) and located that shot. I intend to upload some stills to our webshot account and will post a link.

Archived