NCL or RCI??

Hi there,

We went on a family cruise last year and are looking to do the same again next year. We quite fancy trying a different cruise liner but do not want to be disappointed as last year’s cruise (our first ever) was so fabulous we want the next one to be as good. Last July we cruised on Royal Caribbean’s Voyager of the Seas.

For next year we have so far picked 2 cruises which suit all our holiday schedules (difficult to arrange 8 people to have a free week at the same time).

First one is NCL – Norwegian Gem – Venice & the Aegean Sea - 7th Aug 2011.

Second one is RCI – Adventure of the Seas – Western Med - 6th Aug 2011.

I would like to know opinions on each of the above cruises and most importantly what facilities there will be for kids (my nephew will be 3 at time of travelling).

What will the sleeping arrangements be for a 3 year old as he would NOT manage to sleep in one of those bunk beds but too small for a cot (which he had last year).

Our party consists of various age groups, 60, 56, 45, 34, 45, 31, 28, 26, 3.

We have a few smokers in the party who would like to know if they will be allowed to smoke on their balconies? Last year on Voyager of the Seas smoking was permitted on private balconies but as I understand it some companies do not allow it and RCI were possibly stopping it too??

I think that is all the questions I have for now, but I’m sure I will be along later with much more.

Any comments or feedback on the above cruises would be much appreciated!!

Thanks x

Archived