Open top bus in Rome?

Jo and Rob

Just an fyi - the search function on this forum will give you more info than you could possibly imagine !!!!! :D Your eyes will be bleary from reading - mine were.

Just put in "hoho" or "hop on hop off" and see what pops up......tons of threads.

I'm not sure if you're expecting the HOHO bus to be something your family will ride and stay on and do a driveby where you'll see the sights without getting off. Other than St. Peter's Basilica and the Colisseum, the main sights are NOT visible from the bus route. You have to get off the bus and walk a bit to see each attraction (for example, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona.)

I don't know how long you'll be in Rome, but you might also consider the buses/metro.

Or if time is a major factor......do what we did our first trip when we tried to "see it all"

We did the Vatican area in the morning....then took a taxi (quick and not expensive) to the Coliseum area and then walked back to Trevi, Pantheon, Piazza Navonna etc....which are all very close together. Actually it's all very walkable. Just have a plan and know your route (get a good tourist map)

Archived