Passport Been Processed

f1rstclass

WOW!! That was some turn around time and I didn't even ask for expedited service.

Went to local post office and submitted all of the paperwork, picture, etc. on June 4th and today got an email that all has been processed and it was mailed on Saturday.

That is some quick turn around time. VERY IMPRESSED!!

Email stated should have it by the 26th. Heck, I don't even need it until July 2011. Mark that off the 'ol "to do list".

Just one more thing to know that we are getting closer and closer!! :D:D

Yep, I sent mine in right before Christmas and had it back in about 3 weeks. Crazy fast, even without expediting.

Funny thing, I didn't even realize it until today that mine (since I am from VA) was processed in New Orleans. All this time, I was thinking they did them all from Washington, DC. Who knew! I certainly didn't.

Somebody at that processing facility certainly has it going on to get the turn-around time to be so quick.

I submitted my DS passport on the 5th and his was back by the 16th. I sent mine in for a last name change (recently married) on the 5th and it took a whole month. I was told that children are easier to process and they have t obe renewed every 5 years instead of 10.

awesome!!!!! I was wondering if it would really take the 4 to 6 weeks they say. We put in for the kids passports on the 11th..so hopefully theirs will be arriving shortly, too!

You can actually go online and track the status of it at:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/status/status_2567.html

Plus, you can enter an email address so when it is processed and mailed, you can get a delivery confirmation number.

Mine also went really fast. My mom and I mailed our passport renewals apps on June 10 (I wrote the check on the 9th and mailed next day). They both showed up on the web site the following week (can't remember the exact date) as being processed. Web site which said processing time is 4-6 weeks. Today, we received emails that they have been processed and mailed back and we should receive by the 30th.

Not really sure where they were processed. Mailed them to the National Passport Processing Center in Philadelphia and the priority mail tracking shows they were processed through HOT SPRINGS NATIONAL PARK, AR.

There was a 'passport day' thing where I live in March and that's when I did mine, I think it was right around 2 1/2 weeks from when I applied for it to when I got it, and that was regular service too :)

Archived