Flights from London to FLL for Eastern Caribean

soarer

Does anyone have any information regarding Flight departure times & duration from Heathrow to Fort Lauderdale, & vice versa, for Emerald Eastern Caribbean?

TA only supplied dates so far, (March 2011), not the finer details...

Princess UK tend to be using American Airlines more than the likes of BA & Virgin into Miami at the moment but that could of course change come next March. All airlines have departures from 08.00 Hrs through until 13.00 hrs. It's a nine hour flight LHR-MIA and then the transfer to FTL is about one hour.

As for the return, again all airlines have flights departing Miami from 17.00 through until 20.30 which will have you back at Heathrow between 06.00 & 10.30 respectively. However, if you are flying on American, Princess have been known to bring you back on an indirect flight, i.e. via New York for instance which would have you departing Miami early-mid afternoon to connect with a late evening departure from New York and arrival back at Heathrow mid-morning.

Hi

We booked In Feb for the Caribbean Princess Embarking in Novemeber. I asked the TA about flight details as at the time like you only dates were availiable. He in turn called Princess who told him they would be known in about 60 days time from booking.

I convinced myself it would be BA or Virgin but turned out to be AA all the way to San Juan via Miami. But just as already suggested the route home is via JFK.

So if you've only just booked give it a couple of months and the details will come through.

Have fun planning, I am. Oh this is a Great site and loving all the advice and info i'm picking up so far.:)

Julia

You could be on any airline via any routing. Completely dependent upon what is available in the inventory of seats purchased by the cruiseline. Please read the sticky at the top of the forum for info on how cruiseline air works.

Hello,

I agree with the posts so far. I have flown out of Fort Lauderdale many times but I would definitely call Princess to see what time they are recommending for flight times. The earliest flight I have taken is 11:30 a.m. to fly to Toronto - it was a bit of a rush but we did the transfer. I would consider doing the self disembarkation and grabbing a cab but would definitely not consider a flight out before noon. Also need to consider where your last port was prior to arriving in Fort Lauderdale to gauge if there were delays how far away you were the night before. Good luck!

One thing to bear in mind.

If you want direct flights then you will need to be flying into MIA as opposed to FLL.

If you are going on the full Princess package you won't have a problem but bear in mind that if this is a repackage you will need to consider the cost of getting from MIA to FLL as well as the time factor.

We always book our own air and usually fly in a day before and

have a couple of days post cruise. Getting from Mia to Ft Lauderdale is not a problem, just for your info the Westin Diplomat a great hotel between Miami and Fll is being reserved for $69 anight in Feb thro Priceline/Hotwire.

Flying from Heathrow you have so many options Virgin have a great service

and an upgrade to Prem Econ, is well worth the extra ££'s

Archived