St. Mark"s Venice After Hours

retina60

Royal Caribbean offers a night visit to Saint Marks but it includes transportation from the ship and the ship will have been in port since 13:30!! So assuming we would be in Venice proper anyway you are paying twice for transportation.

That is why I was looking for something similar independently!

Are there tours of St. Mark's after the crowds have left? We'll be there in early October and don't want to be rushed through. Thanks

One thing you do not want to miss is the live music that is played all evening in S. Marco. We like to sit in the square at the Cafe Florean. 2 coffees and a pastry or gelato will run about 30 euros, but well worth the price.

One thing you do not want to miss is the live music that is played all evening in S. Marco. We like to sit in the square at the Cafe Florean. 2 coffees and a pastry or gelato will run about 30 euros, but well worth the price.

I agree, we sat in the outdoor tables (think the bill says Chioggia Cafe or Restaurant) and niece ordered a coke, I ordered a glass of wine and then I had a cup of coffee Americano. Visa bill came and when converted euros to the dollar, just shy of $40. We were there at dusk and they were playing the piano - expensive yes, but I chose to do it because when will I ever be able to duplicate this experience again? Ambiance and location cost the big bucks!

Archived