EPIC 1 niter a short review

gosport11

Hi all these are my personal feelings,at this momement i am very miffed to say the least,was it waiting for nearly 3 hours to board in the sun,in Rotterdam no,was it being told that we would arrive at 17.30 then after changening taxis etc to be collected at 18.00 to then be told that very good news you will arrive at 15.00 so its all change again good job i live near as for some they will still be in southampton waiting no

Was it the totally unorganised scrum at disembarkation i am suprised that a fight never broke out there was so much pushing and shoving

Hi all these are my personal feelings,at this momement i am very miffed to say the least,was it waiting for nearly 3 hours to board in the sun,in Rotterdam no,was it being told that we would arrive at 17.30 then after changening taxis etc to be collected at 18.00 to then be told that very good news you will arrive at 15.00 so its all change again good job i live near as for some they will still be in southampton waiting no

Was it the totally unorganised scrum at disembarkation i am suprised that a fight never broke out there was so much pushing and shoving

Wow... when I read 'short' in the title, I didn't expect 'unfinished'! :p

As I just posted in another 'disappointed' thread, I think anyone expecting perfection at this point is unrealistic. That's just my opinion, of course, but everything I'm reading here so far has to do with delays, or port issues that were probably influenced by the delays...

Sorry pushed wrong button im so cross

:o:(:eek: Was it the total lack of staff at these times the disembakation was a complete mess a bit more organisation would have hepled it was as if we got you there what more do you want us to do

:mad: was it the strange bathroom arrangements with a total usless washahand basin and no hand wash in the cabin toilet

No it was all of these things what should have been a good experiance has been totally blighted i could go on,im sure some people did not experiance these things or are used to them i dont know

:) Now for the plus the food was very good espically in the Manhatten dining room with the live band a very good nite was had,The Blue man group were fantastic also howl at the Moon was a good time,there are some very good entertainment venues,the buffet is clean and bright with a selection 2nd to none

:( One more grip was afterboarding at 15.15 we had muster at 15.30 it was a shambles people with cases using lifts and no direction to muster sites in my opion the ship is going to be understaffed for the amount of passengers that is my own opion any questions please ask,

I didnt use pools etc as they were all closed this morning for mantance i was looking foreward to the water slides as they look brillant

Sorry pushed wrong button im so cross

Was it the total lack of staff at these times the disembakation was a complete mess a bit more organisation would have hepled it was as if we got you there what more do you want us to do

:mad: was it the strange bathroom arrangements with a total usless washahand basin and no hand wash in the cabin toilet

No it was all of these things what should have been a good experiance has been totally blighted i could go on,im sure some people did not experiance these things or are used to them i dont know

:) Now for the plus the food was very good espically in the Manhatten dining room with the live band a very good nite was had,The Blue man group were fantastic also howl at the Moon was a good time,there are some very good entertainment venues,the buffet is clean and bright with a selection 2nd to none

:( One more grip was afterboarding at 15.15 we had muster at 15.30 it was a shambles people with cases using lifts and no direction to muster sites in my opion the ship is going to be understaffed for the amount of passengers that is my own opion any questions please ask,

I didnt use pools etc as they were all closed this morning for mantance i was looking foreward to the water slides as they look brillant

I think we can probably cut NCL and the Epic's new staff a little slack for not being 100% organized and prepared for the very first disembarkation EVER on this ship. It carries a lot more people than they're used to, and they're going to have to figure some things out... sadly for the first few sailings, I expect there to be some confusion as they learn the best methods to smooth out the process.

I have to say, that little sink is the one thing that really took me by surprise, but I read in another thread that they've already realized that they're too small. I think every individual is going to come away with their own feelings about how the new design worked for them. I'm expecting to really like it, but I won't know for certain until I experience it myself.

It's great to hear the food and the ambiance at the Manhattan Club was good! With all the specialty options, I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to experience it for myself, but I'm going to try!!

I think the muster drill confusion is going to be a similar situation to disembarkation - this was the first time they did it with 'real passengers', so I'm confident it will get better - unfortunately that's no help to you! It's too bad you weren't able to try the slides. I agree they look fantastic!!

I'm sure that after the irritation wears off, you'll be able to look back at everything you did enjoy - the Manhattan Room, Howl at the Moon, Blue Man Group - fondly. Thanks for the review. :)

Just got back too yes we had to wait but we got 5hrs today in fantastic weather when we would have been at home . The problem with the disembarking seemed to me because there was a large dutch group being picked up by coaches who all got off together .We just sat back and waited on the pool deck and got off in less than 5 mins no problem. For some reason the bridge that RCCL use was not in place and there was only a small gangway to get off The pools and slides were being used and they looked loads of fun. There was odd things not finished but we expected this and they where working hard to finish them . We had a really good time and will be booking the ship soon for a longer cruise

Just got back too yes we had to wait but we got 5hrs today in fantastic weather when we would have been at home . The problem with the disembarking seemed to me because there was a large dutch group being picked up by coaches who all got off together .We just sat back and waited on the pool deck and got off in less than 5 mins no problem. For some reason the bridge that RCCL use was not in place and there was only a small gangway to get off The pools and slides were being used and they looked loads of fun. There was odd things not finished but we expected this and they where working hard to finish them . We had a really good time and will be booking the ship soon for a longer cruise

Despite any problems that may have occured, glad to hear you had fun and will book again.

I expect we will see NCL placing more and more emphasis on the entertainment and dining features on this ship and a de-emphasis of the comforts (?) or features of the regular staterooms. Expect to hear more of the "you are only in your room to sleep, wash,or change clothes" argument.:rolleyes:

Archived