Rome Tours

hooked cruiser

Do the drivers from Rome in Limo speak english?

We've had mixed results on how well they understand English. I mark where I want to go on a map and show the driver in addition to saying where I want to go.

There are lots of stories about cab drivers trying to rip you off by doing slight of hand with the bills you give them claiming you gave them less than you did. I haven't experienced that because I always have plenty of 5 euro bills and 1 and 2 euro coins, so I give them the exact amount plus a tip.

Also, if you go to a taxi stand, go to the first taxi in the line.

We've had mixed results on how well they understand English. I mark where I want to go on a map and show the driver in addition to saying where I want to go.

There are lots of stories about cab drivers trying to rip you off by doing slight of hand with the bills you give them claiming you gave them less than you did. I haven't experienced that because I always have plenty of 5 euro bills and 1 and 2 euro coins, so I give them the exact amount plus a tip.

Also, if you go to a taxi stand, go to the first taxi in the line.

If you're talking about regular TAXI drivers, okay. But Luvnick asked about the drivers from Rome In Limo. They speak and understand English quite well and certainly don't try to rip you off.

My extended family of 9 (ages 5 to 82) just returned on June 28th from a cruise on Celebrity Century. We used Rome In Limo in Rome, Florence and Naples (Salerno) and for tours in Pompeii and the Vatican. The drivers were efficient, fun, courteous, knowledgeable. The cars were clean mercedes vans, sedans and mini-buses. The drivers recommended great places to eat and whisked us into all the top sites. The owner Duman and Jany were very responsive on the phone and via email. Effortless siteseeing! I would use RIL again without question.

• 4 weeks later...
We are a party of 7 and will be in Rome in August on the "Grand". Can anybody recommend a reliable independent tour company for a tour of the usual tourist locations?

We just returned from the Celebrity Century and used Miles and Miles in both Rome and Florence. We were more than pleased; Andreas was our guide in Flornece, and Francesco tookk us through Rome, They were both knowledgable and accommodating; everyone on the tours agreed that we had made the right choice! Their website does have a problem with pc access (note Mac) here in the states that they are trying to resolve - but you can access them through trip advisor or at info@toursofrome.it. Tell them Tina sent you!

We are a party of 7 and will be in Rome in August on the "Grand". Can anybody recommend a reliable independent tour company for a tour of the usual tourist locations?

We used Julian from "Bounty Roma Limo" Julian was great and very personal and knowledgeable. Took us to a great family owned Restaurant. He was great at translating and kidding around with us and his owner friend Vito in the Restaurant. Took us to some good Cafe's and Gelato...

See our video below with him as our Guide...

Good Luck

Archived