Help with Cabin choice

I am currently booked into 1610 on Freedom of the Seas. My daughter and mom will be joining me. My mom has never cruised before so I of course want her to have the best experience . I had posted before if this cabin was ok and I rec'd an affirmative, but now my question is there one that would be better. Granted this cruise is not scheduled for over a year out but really wanted to get an idea and know what to look for should something come available....Thanks

I am currently booked into 1610 on Freedom of the Seas. My daughter and mom will be joining me. My mom has never cruised before so I of course want her to have the best experience . I had posted before if this cabin was ok and I rec'd an affirmative, but now my question is there one that would be better. Granted this cruise is not scheduled for over a year out but really wanted to get an idea and know what to look for should something come available....Thanks

If walking isn't a problem I would go to the aft, Cabin 1700 and 1400 are as large as a Junior Suite but you are paying the D1 price. Large Balcony too with outstanding view of the wake.

Same price wouldn't cost you anything to switch right now, you could always switch back toa side cabin if you change your minds later, Those 2 cabins will go fast so if you want them you should change soon.

Both cabins are still available for your sailing.

Jimbo:)

The cabin location itself is great. Midship is the place you want to be. IMHO, the only thing I would worry about is this. You are sailing in November. If by chance, you should encounter rough seas, (do you worry about your mom feeling seasick), cabins on the upper decks may experience swaying more than those cabins closer to sea level. Any decks between 5 - 8 are good. Granted the swaying of the ship is part of the cruise experience. However, since you are traveling with someone who hasn't cruised before, you don't want a bout of seasickness to ruin her first time. Just a thought. ;)

If walking isn't a problem I would go to the aft, Cabin 1700 and 1400 are as large as a Junior Suite but you are paying the D1 price. Large Balcony too with outstanding view of the wake.

Same price wouldn't cost you anything to switch right now, you could always switch back toa side cabin if you change your minds later, Those 2 cabins will go fast so if you want them you should change soon.

Both cabins are still available for your sailing.

She's sailing in Nov. So, in rough swells, wouldn't you get alot of motion from the aft section? Her mom has never criused before.

She's sailing in Nov. So, in rough swells, wouldn't you get alot of motion from the aft section? Her mom has never criused before.

Very large ship, takes the swells much better then the smaller ships. Believe me if this ships is rocking because of the swells, the whole ship is a rock'in!

Take mecalizine also which will help, my wife swears by it and never has a problem.

Thanks for the suggestions. As much as I would love more space, I would hate for my mom never to speak to me again as she stayed sick the whole cruise. I never once thought of the water being rougher at that time of the year

Thanks for the suggestions. As much as I would love more space, I would hate for my mom never to speak to me again as she stayed sick the whole cruise. I never once thought of the water being rougher at that time of the year

Better make it a land vacation then. Ship is on the water. What would you expect?

Archived