Liquor

PMO

We are sailing on the Brillance July 14th and we were wondering if you can purchase liquor in the duty free shop and take it on the ship? I understand the store is after security. What I would love to do is purchase a bottle on the ship, even at the bar and take it to our room. We enjoy having a cocktail in our room after a long day on touring and not drink in a cocktail lounge. Any thoughts?

We are sailing on the Brillance July 14th and we were wondering if you can purchase liquor in the duty free shop and take it on the ship? I understand the store is after security. What I would love to do is purchase a bottle on the ship, even at the bar and take it to our room. We enjoy having a cocktail in our room after a long day on touring and not drink in a cocktail lounge. Any thoughts?

I have found that in general, in ports other than Caribbean ports most cruise lines tend to be more lenient as in regards to an ocassional bottle of spirits.

I personally also enjoy my drink/cocktail in the balcony and I always bring my scotch along and have never had a complication; as you very well say there are several ports, Lisbon and Piraeus come to mind, where liquor is sold after you pass customs, inmigration.

Enjoy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean at Barcelona? Well they have a sign up to say alcohol will be taken before boarding but I just put it in my carryon and no one said anything.

There is a duty free shop at the port?

If not buying at duty free, what are the prices for alcohol in Barcelona? Beer?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Archived