Dawn Group Dining: Venetian or Aqua

Soxfan05

Booking group dining and I wanted the Venetian, just liked the look of it. Unfortunately, we cannot get the dining time we want but we can in the Aqua Dining Room. It looks to me like more of a land based restaurant. WIll those who want the "cruise experience" feel like they missed out not being in as grand a space as the Venetian.

Thanks in advance.

Booking group dining and I wanted the Venetian, just liked the look of it. Unfortunately, we cannot get the dining time we want but we can in the Aqua Dining Room. It looks to me like more of a land based restaurant. WIll those who want the "cruise experience" feel like they missed out not being in as grand a space as the Venetian.

Thanks in advance.

I think you will enjoy either restaurant in a group setting. Both have their merits and I have never felt lacking the cruise experience in Aqua. It's just a little more intimate a setting than the Venetian.

If members of the group have the opportunity to dine in the Venetian on other nights of the cruise, it would be just fine to have the group dinner in the Aqua.

We agree with your opinion of the two MDR's. The Venetian is much more grand, and offers a totally different ambiance.

I have dined as a group many times (anywhere from 18-50) in both restaruants and must say that I thought that Aqua was a more intimate experience, and the Venetian more elegant. I would not hesitate to book a group into either venue.

The menus in the two locations are identical so the only real difference is in the ambiance and service.

We usually rotated our dinners between the two (on both the Dawn and her sister ship the Star) and I have always felt we got a little better service in Aqua than in Venetian/Versailles. (Venetian is called Versailles on the Star).

When we had our group dinners (12-18 people), we usually found ourselves in the middle of the room in Venetian/Versailles and not near the windows while in Aqua, we were usually along the sides where we could look out the windows. The larger tables in Venetian tend to be in the middle while the four and six tops tend to be near the windows.

But while the "grandness" of Venetian is better ambiance than the "intimancy" of Aqua, I have found both to be just fine.

I've always found the service much better in Aqua. The staff is fabulous also. We always had a long wait for some reason in the Venetian.

I honestly feel the Aqua is run better.

You will always have the opportunity to have breakfast in the Venetian. Though not the same experience as dinner, it is breathtaking if you grab a table by the wall to wall windows in the back.

Have a great cruise.

Thank you everyone! I definitely feel good about booking us into Aqua now. We are a group of 31 and the only request that was made was that we all dine together for dinner. I'm so glad NCL can accommodate that request.

I agree about the location. I found the service to be excellent in both dining rooms, but chose the Aqua more because it is mid ship so we did not feel the movement as much. We had several people (out of our group of 13) get sick from the motion in the Venetian.

Archived