Mallorca...Will Be Very Tired...Suggestions?

When we arrive in Mallorca we will be pooped. We will have just completed five straight days full of sight-seeing and continuing education.

This is the only day we will be totally free on our cruise. I'm half tempted to just relax on the ship and forgo any sight-seeing, but if there is something that 'must not be missed,' then I might be tempted to take it in.

We're not beach people...and we would probably be content with something that only took a couple of hours.

Suggestions?

I can't honestly say that anything we saw in Palma was "not to be missed". The cathedral was very beautiful, but I'm guessing you will have seen a few attractive religious sites by this point in the cruise. :D

Had we not been visiting on Sunday, I would have wanted to do the Soller train. But that would be another major expedition.

In your case, I'd just relax!

When we arrive in Mallorca we will be pooped. We will have just completed five straight days full of sight-seeing and continuing education.

This is the only day we will be totally free on our cruise. I'm half tempted to just relax on the ship and forgo any sight-seeing, but if there is something that 'must not be missed,' then I might be tempted to take it in.

We're not beach people...and we would probably be content with something that only took a couple of hours.

Suggestions?

We just did a nice 1/2 day tour that showed us the island along with Hams Caves - well worth the effort - not your usual excursion. There are a few steps to climb up and down there, but it was a pretty relaxed trip otherwise.

If you're like me, you want to get off the ship but not have a very demanding day. You didn't say how many were in your party, but you may want to consider renting a taxi for a few hours...

About 2 years ago me, my 78 year old father and his buddy got off the ship and really didn't have much of a plan for the day. I had been there before and wanted them to see the cathedral, which is worthwhile, but didn't have a full day planned.

Well, it was late November, a bit chilly and incredibly windy, so we were pretty happy when we ran into a bunch of taxi drivers at the bottom of the escalators in the port. For around 30 euros each, he would simply ride us around and show us the sights - he made recommendations of possible sites, then we edited the list to fit our interests. For such a windy day, it worked out great! We got out of the taxi and explored the catedral for quite awhile, plus Pueblo Espanol, a few smaller sites along the way for photo ops of beautiful architecture and for sure the worlds oldest/largest olive tree :) The last stop was the castle on top of the hill - the name escapes me at the moment - the views over town and the port were beautiful although the winds were pretty crazy! The only really good way to get up there and back is by taxi or private car, so that all worked much better than planned. In the end, it was a 'tourism light' day - not much exertion or $$$ spent, but a pleasant day I still remember a couple of years later.

Hope this helps - IMHO you may never get back to Mallorca, so at least get off the ship ;)

404555902_MED2008117.jpg.dcdb65b831a7785be3f1ef85b5c9d924.jpg

Archived