Price Drop Question under old policy

Hi. Can anyone tell me the rules! I know they switched in May/June, so I am looking at the old policy!

I booked a room ~9 months ago and have already paid final payment. I now see our inside category at a lot less per person now ($300pp). Likewise higher category rooms in inside and outside are less per person now. Now the lower prices indicate "Special Pricing Royal Caribbean Sales Event"... does that matter? It also lists a "Standard" Price that is more than 2x the special pricing.

Can I get a refund of the difference? Or an onboard credit for the difference? If not, will they upgrade us to a higher cat room that is the same cost (or approx same cost) as what we originally paid if I ask?

I just want to know the rules before I call my TA tomorrow!

Sales events are for new bookings only and they will NOT lower the price . It is their strictest sale.

If the sales event disappears tomorrow since they are normally on Tuesday then you would be eligible for obc sin you are past final payment

Sales events are for new bookings only and they will NOT lower the price . It is their strictest sale.

If the sales event disappears tomorrow since they are normally on Tuesday then you would be eligible for obc sin you are past final payment

Thanks Sue! Appreciate it. Hopefully since they must have a decent # of rooms left the price will remain lower and it no longer be a sale! I'll be on the look-out over then next few days.

Thanks Sue! Appreciate it. Hopefully since they must have a decent # of rooms left the price will remain lower and it no longer be a sale! I'll be on the look-out over then next few days.

Keep checking as they sometimes do take off the "sales event" and make sure you are checking the boxes for 55+, military, police and what state for all that are applicable as that pricing could give you a reduction too.

As stated before, "Special Sales Event" (every Tuesday) does not qualify. If you had qualified, if you are after your final payment due date, you would have been offered obc for the difference in cruise fare or you would have been offered an upgrade for the same (or slightly higher) rate. You are under the "old" policy.

Archived