Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island

Teeara

• 1 month later...

I would definetly call ahead to find out about a taxi. When I was there back last September I walked on the Cliff Walk. I left Marble House walked a little ways down and then got on the Cliff Walk at Marine Avenue and then walked on Cliff Walk to Memorial Street. When I reached Memorial I tried to call for a taxi from my cell phone. I called information but could never reach anyone. :eek: It was terrible. I had to walk from Memorial all the way back to the ship. I know I could have walked 6 blocks back to pick up the bus but I had read it can be very crowded and if I was not able to get on it I would have missed

the ship. I had read on here that you could call for a taxi but I would definetly call before you even leave on your trip. It is a miracle I did not miss the ship. I bet I walked five miles that day. I walked thru two mansions and half the Cliff walk and then Memorial Street back to the port. I will say one thing, Newport is a beautiful place. I saw a lot of it

on my walk.

• 3 months later...
I would definetly call ahead to find out about a taxi. When I was there back last September I walked on the Cliff Walk. I left Marble House walked a little ways down and then got on the Cliff Walk at Marine Avenue and then walked on Cliff Walk to Memorial Street. When I reached Memorial I tried to call for a taxi from my cell phone. I called information but could never reach anyone. :eek: It was terrible. I had to walk from Memorial all the way back to the ship. I know I could have walked 6 blocks back to pick up the bus but I had read it can be very crowded and if I was not able to get on it I would have missed

the ship. I had read on here that you could call for a taxi but I would definetly call before you even leave on your trip. It is a miracle I did not miss the ship. I bet I walked five miles that day. I walked thru two mansions and half the Cliff walk and then Memorial Street back to the port. I will say one thing, Newport is a beautiful place. I saw a lot of it

on my walk.

I have to agree with you on the walking in Newport! Every time we go there we seem to walk a gazillion miles ;):D. But it's an absolutely beautiful town with incredible scenery. Summer is gorgeous but Christmas is just as enjoyable when everything is decorated for the holidays and they have the mansions all done up. Of course it's freezing in December, but it's still beautiful.

Archived