Can scooter go on water taxi?

janjac

We will be on the July 11th to Bermuda cruise. We just cruised on RC Oasis of the Seas on May 22nd and it was great - especially since my wife is using a scooter. We were able to take the scotter on the water taxi on that cruise. Can we do the same in Bermuda? I would appreciate feedback. Thanks:)

We took the water taxi in Bermuda. There was a large flat area on the front that would hold a scooter. But the taxi staff may not be so helpful in moving it for you. The taxi service crew on my trip were busy collecting tokens and getting the boat ready. If you have help with you it should be easy. Or maybe you need to tip those guys.

I just got back from Bermuda on and saw them loading the wheelchairs and electric wheelchairs first onto the water taxi. Don't think you will have a problem..Keep in mind that scooters in Bermuda mean something different....I only bring that up since if you go to someone and ask if the scooter can go there, they might say no thinking its the scooters people ride around the island on...

And they don't call them water taxis -- they call them ferries. All mobility scooters can go on the ferries free and scooters (the type you ride for transportation in Bermuda in the streets) are charged a fee.

Two types of ferries -- the large one (closer to the pier) has a steep incline, but a good scooter can make it -- if not they help and you can go inside the ferry. The other type is like a catamaran -- deck level goes up and down per amount of people (weight) on it. They have on board metal ramps if the levels aren't quite right. The buses, although they say handicapped are not functioning for wheelchairs/scooters at the present time (6/10).

Ferries are very easy to use in Bermuda with mobility scooters. And the dockyard area is fully accessible. Vicki:)

Archived