Soft drink question....

midwestlady

I read in a recent review on Infinity to Alaska where a soft drink card had been purchased, but that most of the places to get your drink filled closed by 6:30pm. :confused: The only other place available after that was Costellations. Anyone else have any experiences like this? I will be getting a soft drink package for teenage DS. Seems strange that soft drinks are cut off even before dinner service has ended. This is our first cruise on Celebrity and are really looking forward to the trip! :)

I read in a recent review on Infinity to Alaska where a soft drink card had been purchased, but that most of the places to get your drink filled closed by 6:30pm. :confused: The only other place available after that was Costellations. Anyone else have any experiences like this? I will be getting a soft drink package for teenage DS. Seems strange that soft drinks are cut off even before dinner service has ended. This is our first cruise on Celebrity and are really looking forward to the trip! :)

Hi Midwestlady !

Im not sure why someone said that. I always buy the Soda Package, and it's never been as described. You show the card with the soda sticker at any bar, and they will give you a Soda. They also accepted the card in places such as the Theater, and the Main Dining Room. It works quite well, not to worry.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Hello Midwestlady I have no reason to mis-lead you,

Yes you could get a soda in the d-room and Theater but I was referring to the Bars that are set up in the and public areas. Yes they did close very early so other than the two above mentioned places, where would you go? My son did not go to shows and going to a d-room to get a soda while not having dinner would be odd to me? I have sailed many times to the Caribbean and most of the bar stations are open well past 6:30pm but not in Alaska on the Infinity.

I did not want to alarm you but it is a good thing to be aware of so now you can plan accordingly...

Hope you have a wonderful time,

Patty

Patty - please don't feel that you misled me! First and foremost, not being able to get a soft drink at a given hour will not be a deal-breaker for the teenager! He is so excited about this trip. We have been to caribbean several times, but this is the first to the Pacific Northwest. We have done Disney cruises in the past, and I have gotten spoiled with Passporter which explains things down to the tiny details. I haven't been able to find anything like that for Celebrity, so I research as much as possible! I appreciate any and all information that has been shared regarding Infinity to Alaska! :D

Why would the bars close at 6:30PM?:confused: Most of the bars on the ships, and I've been on M class ships, are not in a closed space so you can get soft drinks. As you walk past you show your card and get a drink. Was it something on a particular sailing?

Archived