Can you marry in Puerto Vallarta?

Has anyone gotten married or is planning on getting married in Puerto Vallarta Mexico? I want to take a Carnival Cruise there and get married in Puerto Vallarta. But all of the websites that I have seen don't list Puerto Vallarta as a place that you can get married with a destination wedding.

For a legal marriage, Mexico requires blood tests and (sometimes) chest x-rays, to be done in Mexico before the ceremony. So logistically, I'm not sure it would work. You could always do a ceremonial wedding though, and just go to your local courthouse to make it official.

http://www.mexperience.com/guide/weddings/getting_married.htm#Legal

For a legal marriage, Mexico requires blood tests and (sometimes) chest x-rays, to be done in Mexico before the ceremony. So logistically, I'm not sure it would work. You could always do a ceremonial wedding though, and just go to your local courthouse to make it official.

http://www.mexperience.com/guide/weddings/getting_married.htm#Legal

I think that is what we will be doing. Then once we get back to Alaska we will have a small ceremony with our witnesses that couldn't make it to the wedding in Puerto Vallarta and have a short reception.

Thanks!

Archived