Beachcomber Hotel?

Talli

We are looking at booking hotel on the beach for our cruise in November out of Port Everglades. Has anyone stayed at the Beachcomber before? The price is very reasonable. Or can anyone recommend a better hotel on the beach for around the same price?

TIA!

Talli

If this is the Beachcomber Resort in Pompano Beach (Greater Fort Lauderdale), then I am happy to provide you with a mini-review. :)

We stayed here last month for 3 nights, pre-cruise. After months of searching these boards and other sites, we finally took the plunge and booked this hotel. We had actually seen it on our previous trip to Fort Lauderdale, so we knew the area and had since been Google-Earthing it, etc. and reading reviews.

We booked a year in advance. We stayed in an oceanfront, balcony suite on the 8th floor and it was FABULOUS. The room was spacious and clean, with a kitchenette (fridge, microwave, sink). The balcony was huge and we overlooked the beach, the pool, and the city. It could not have been more perfect. :)

There is a tiki bar at the pool, but we never used it. There is also a restaurant where we decided to have breakfast on the last morning, and it was delicious and very reasonable! The other mornings we ate lightly, purchasing a few breakfast items at a grocery store and keeping them in the fridge.

We explored the area and had a fantastic time, pre-cruise. We cannot wait to go back and we would absolutely stay at the Beachcomber Resort again. My recommendation is to be sure you get a balcony room; they seem to be only on one side of the hotel, with the other side not having balconies. It was a wonderful suite and very relaxing. Your rate of $109 is reasonable, but it sounds like it may be for a standard room. I would recommend upgrading to a balcony room or suite.

You'll have a car, right? There isn't much around since you're outside of the city a little. There is a drug store a block away but other than that, it's pretty isolated.

I'll try to attach a few pics later; must dash off to work now.

Thanks for the replies! I was going to stay there but am rethinking it now.... Don't want the high costs of taxi's and not going to rent a car since we fly in at 3pm Saturday and cruise the following day so it's not worth it.

Thanks!

Talli

royalcruz, I was actually thinking of you (and others) when I wrote my above mini review; I was thinking that as a local, you must know the area well and may have passed the Beachcomber many times in your travels. I know it doesn't look like much from the outside, but I wanted to confirm that it is a very nice property. The grounds have lots of lush vegetation and flowers, the staff was pleasant, and the view from the room was amazing. :) Being right on the beach was fantastic. And yes, you really do need a car. We got a killer deal from Budget at the airport and kept it for 3 days.

All in all, loved our time in your fabulous city and we so look forward to returning. :)

~Karen

royalcruz, I was actually thinking of you (and others) when I wrote my above mini review; I was thinking that as a local, you must know the area well and may have passed the Beachcomber many times in your travels. I know it doesn't look like much from the outside, but I wanted to confirm that it is a very nice property. The grounds have lots of lush vegetation and flowers, the staff was pleasant, and the view from the room was amazing. :) Being right on the beach was fantastic. And yes, you really do need a car. We got a killer deal from Budget at the airport and kept it for 3 days.

All in all, loved our time in your fabulous city and we so look forward to returning. :)

~Karen

I'm so glad that you like Fort Lauderdale/Pompano Beach. I love it here...came for a vacation and decided to move here and stayed for 23 yrs so far! There are a bunch of beachfront resorts in Pompano that look simple but nice. One has a tiki bar that gets about 200 senior folks on a weeknight to listen to the live band.

Archived