Wait Listed - What's the chance of eating late?

sharkattack

Despite asking for late sitting we have been allocated early sitting and told we have been wait listed for late sitting on Oceana.

What does this mean in reality?

Can we eat at any time in some areas and if we want to sit down are fixed to 6pm or is there a good chance we will get an 8.30pm option on most nights?

Totally new at this so any information would be appreciated. We don't want to eat at 6pm every night.

You have selected club dining, and have been allocated First sitting at 6pm. This will apply for the length of your cruise, same time, same table same waiters, same tablemates.

Being waitlisted for 2nd sitting means, that should space open up, you would be switched to the 2nd sitting. This again would be for the whole cruise, not just occassional days.

If you choose to eat in the alternative venues you would be able to do that at any time you choose. However, you should let others at your table or the waiters know, so they don't delay serving when waiting for you to arrive at the table.

If eating at 6pm doesn't suit you, you could request Freedom dining, this means you arrive at the allocated restaurant at your choosen time and they seat you straight away. If you require a table for 2 there may be a wait at busy times.

For Club dining, only a percentage of seats are allocated prior to sailing, to give the Maitre'd a bit of scope for some shuffling that may be necessary. He will have a table set up onboard on day of embarkation with a queue of people waiting to see him, mostly trying to change dining allocations. Never had to myself, but have passed by and it always looks busy.

I hope that has helped answer your questions, with out creating to many more. It all feels such a mindfield on your first cruise, but really just go with the flow and it all falls into place :)

This morning I checked my emails and saw a nice little 7n cruise on Azura in 20 days time (A009) , fancied and booked it - now booking all the bits that go with it, cat in cattery, car parking at docks, travel ins, etc.

Anyway we have been told waited listed 1st and 2nd sitting, so who knows what we will get I have said my preference is 2nd sitting....so we will see... will report back!

"This morning I checked my emails and saw a nice little 7n cruise on Azura in 20 days time (A009) , fancied and booked it - now booking all the bits that go with it, cat in cattery, car parking at docks, travel ins, etc."

Good on you Sue! I look forward to hearing all about Azura from you as well as seeing your pics!

We don't seem to hear much about Azura cruises from people on this forum (maybe a good thing as we heard an AWFUL lot about Ventura when she was new!!)

I am so excited about our October cruise that I want every snippet of info!

Are you gold now?

Happy cruising!

Caryl

When we were in the same position on the Aurora, there were a lot of people wanting to do the same thing. The restaurant Manager used the date of booking (it was shown on her screen) and moved people in strict order of earliest bookings first. We had booked last-minute and so did not have much of a chance but at the end of the day it was a very fair way of handling things.

Archived