Will MAC or PC fit in safe

My little notebook fits, and it's in it's "sleeve". You have to put it in top first and then "lean" the bottom on the floor of the safe. Skooch (that's a technical term :D) it until it's as far back on the bottom as you can get it wit the top snug against the roof of the safe. You will have space behind it for smaller stuff like wallets, cell phones, etc, because it's lightly wedged in there.

I always locked my laptop in my bag under the bed, but I am pretty sure my IPAD will fit in the safe. On the other side, that means my wallet and passport and jewelry are all under or on top of it.

I'm looking at getting an Ipad... I blog from my cruise and load pics to Facebook when away via my Netbook.... someone tells me that you can't load to FB from an Ipad....is this correct? Will stick to the NetBook if so.

I kept my Mac Book, cameras and accessories, Ipods etc. out in the open and had no problems.

If I thought I had to lock up all my belongings in my own cabin, I just wouldn't cruise.

The safe is more for cash, jewelry and documents.

Safes size will vary by ship and sometimes even by cabin type. On Oasis I was in a Owners Suite and could of fit 3 notebooks in my safe where most in standard balconies complained they couldn't even get one to fit. If you use a small 10" notebook for travel you should be able to fit it....a regular notebook...not so much.

I have a Toshiba netbook that is 8.5" long X 6.5" wide when closed. It will fit into the safe. My normal size HP laptop does not.

In the past, I never worried about leaving things out in the cabin, but I am rethinking that after my last cruise experience. On the last night, I returned from dinner to find a strange man entering my cabin. The steward had cleaned but forgotten to remove the wedge she used to prop the door open when she finished. Our cabin (located two down from the Centrum elevators) was left open and unsecured for anyone passing by. The man said he just walked in to take a quick peek at the cabin layout. I was very upset. My mom and I were still packing when we had to leave for dinner. My expensive SLR camera and lenses and my netbook were sitting on the desk in plain sight from the doorway. I had left my cell phone and our airline tickets sitting on my bed. We hadn't opened the safe yet to clear out our passports and leftover money and credit cards yet so that was a good thing. I was very lucky to return when I did. I don't know if the guy would have snatched something or not if I hadn't come back and caught him. I also don't know how long the door was left propped open. We were at dinner for about an hour and a half since it was the last night and we were saying goodbye to our tablemates and dining staff. I didn't notice anything missing so I am very grateful that the passengers onboard Serenade were honorable.

I will never again leave anything valuable in the open. If something doesn't fit in the safe, I'll put it somewhere out of sight. There are several cabinets, the closet, or under the bed. You can't rely on the cabin steward to ensure your cabin is secured.

I agree with Kyriecat. It's not the cabin stewards you have to worry about it's the fact that they prop open all the cabin doors while they clean and anybody walking by could take whatever they see. Just stop back to your cabin mid morning and you'll see what I mean.

I have a Toshiba netbook that is 8.5" long X 6.5" wide when closed. It will fit into the safe. My normal size HP laptop does not.

In the past, I never worried about leaving things out in the cabin, but I am rethinking that after my last cruise experience. On the last night, I returned from dinner to find a strange man entering my cabin. The steward had cleaned but forgotten to remove the wedge she used to prop the door open when she finished. Our cabin (located two down from the Centrum elevators) was left open and unsecured for anyone passing by. The man said he just walked in to take a quick peek at the cabin layout. I was very upset. My mom and I were still packing when we had to leave for dinner. My expensive SLR camera and lenses and my netbook were sitting on the desk in plain sight from the doorway. I had left my cell phone and our airline tickets sitting on my bed. We hadn't opened the safe yet to clear out our passports and leftover money and credit cards yet so that was a good thing. I was very lucky to return when I did. I don't know if the guy would have snatched something or not if I hadn't come back and caught him. I also don't know how long the door was left propped open. We were at dinner for about an hour and a half since it was the last night and we were saying goodbye to our tablemates and dining staff. I didn't notice anything missing so I am very grateful that the passengers onboard Serenade were honorable.

I will never again leave anything valuable in the open. If something doesn't fit in the safe, I'll put it somewhere out of sight. There are several cabinets, the closet, or under the bed. You can't rely on the cabin steward to ensure your cabin is secured.

WOW, that had to be scary! I hope you told the cabin steward that she forgot to secure your cabin! :eek:

Like you, we never leave anything out in the open, always put away somewhere.

Yes, I agree. Never leave valuables including lab tops out in the open in your cabin. I've walked down the hall and seen cabin doors open while their cleaning in the morning. All it takes is the cabin steward to leave your cabin while the door is propped open getting more sheets, etc. from the storage closet. Although the probability is low that another passenger would actually steal your lab top or such why take the chance. Remember, most crimes are that of opportunity. Just stick it in your locked suit case under your bed.

I leave laptop out all the time to charge during the day so I can download pictures at end of day and burn to CD as backup. Only thing in our safe besides passports and cash is the smuggled booze. :D A couple 750ml plastic traveler size bottles fit really well. Not worried (much) about it being taken (or confiscated) but just want to be very discreet about it.

Until my cruise on the Oasis I had said laptop - no, netbook - yes. But on Oasis the safe in our cat. D cabin was unbelievable small and nope the netbook with 10" screen wouldn´t have fitted in there.

But I guess when they scaled down cabin size, they had to scale down the safe size as well.:rolleyes:

Please advise if safes are big enough to store mac or pc when not in use

Others have commented on your question about size so here are a few guidelines:

1) do not try to MAKE IT FIT.

2) AVOID PLACING other weighted items on your electronic equipment while they are being stored anywhere.

3) THOU SHALT NEVER store electronic equipment in a closed atmosphere with anything that has moisture in it. Should that moisture be released the electronic components will be exposed and very likely compromised.

4) BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP your new data that is important to you before you leave equipment stored. Bring a flash drive with you or other storage media and make another copy of the data before you leave your equipment in the room.

5) Once you board your ship for the cruise, ASK for other larger secure storage options. Some ships have options.

Others have suggested wiser alternate storage options already in these posts.

It's a Mac, who cares? :p

Spoken like the PC guy in the Mac commercials. Hey, I used to be just like you. I thought my PC was better. Then I got a Macbook Pro for my photography work, and have never been back to the PC. I have a Mac Pro at home, and I take my Macbook wherever I go. I am 100% compatible with my PC friends and exchange Word documents all the time. I don't have to worry about viruses, and I don't need 64 pieces of add-on software to make my computer functional.

I also have an I-pad for fun. Apple has figured out how to make computers work for people. I'd track the dog who stole mine down and beat him within an inch of his life. So, that's who cares. Me.

Spoken like the PC guy in the Mac commercials. Hey, I used to be just like you. I thought my PC was better. Then I got a Macbook Pro for my photography work, and have never been back to the PC. I have a Mac Pro at home, and I take my Macbook wherever I go. I am 100% compatible with my PC friends and exchange Word documents all the time. I don't have to worry about viruses, and I don't need 64 pieces of add-on software to make my computer functional.

I also have an I-pad for fun. Apple has figured out how to make computers work for people. I'd track the dog who stole mine down and beat him within an inch of his life. So, that's who cares. Me.

Off topic : please explain how the Macbook Pro works for your photography? DH is a very keen amateur photgrapher and I'm trying to persuade him to consider the Ipad (for me). He's been so anti Mac but he came across an Ipad at a function recently and his perception is shifting....

Archived