CHALLENGE... find our next cruise!!

Hi there,

After spending hours searching these boards are various other sites I give up - I cannot find a suitable cruise for all my family :(

I now challenge someone, anyone to recommend one which suits all our needs:

1. We are looking for a Med cruise, 7 nights

2. Must not stop at the same ports we were at last year: Naples, Capri, Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy; Villefranche (Nice), France; Provence (Toulon), France;

3. MUST have good facilities for kids (3 years old) ie. swimming pool, kids club etc.

4. must suit all age groups (60, 56, 45, 34, 45, 31, 28, 26 and 3)

5. Smoking must be permitted on private balconies.

Spa, theatre and disco is pretty much a necessity. Various activities would be a bonus (last time we had golf, climbing wall etc) Not having set meal times in the main dining room would also be preferred (last year our seating time was 9pm, too late for my Nephew, 3)

Thanks and fingers crossed someone takes up this challege!!

:D :D :D

The best advice I can give you is to sit down with a travel agent. Anyone here can give you advice on what will best suits their family but with all your questions, especially number two, will best be handle by a T.A.

Here's hoping that you can find a great cruise! :p

Hi there,

After spending hours searching these boards are various other sites I give up - I cannot find a suitable cruise for all my family :(

2. Must not stop at the same ports we were at last year: Naples, Capri, Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy; Villefranche (Nice), France; Provence (Toulon), France;

3. MUST have good facilities for kids (3 years old) ie. swimming pool, kids club etc.

Spa, theatre and disco is pretty much a necessity. Various activities would be a bonus (last time we had golf, climbing wall etc) Not having set meal times in the main dining room would also be preferred (last year our seating time was 9pm, too late for my Nephew, 3)

Check out Navigator of the Seas. I think it may fulfill all of your requirements. (Does starting in Rome count against ?) We booked this cruise precisely because it wasn't "redoing" all the Med ports we'd seen before. It's 7 nights, starts in Rome and goes to Messina, Crete, Athens and Kusadasi.

Hi there,

That is the problem we had. I could not find a 7 night cruise that met all of our requirements... most of them but not all of them. That was when we decided upon a 12 night cruise and lo and behold all of our requirements were met.

While we could find a 7 night cruise that met all of the other requirements, they either spent too little time in some ports or missed them all together. The 12 night trip on the Ruby Princess last summer was hands down the best vacation I have ever taken.

Look at an Eastern Med cruise. Ours started in Venice and went to Dubrovnik Croatia, Corfu Greece, Katakolon Greece, Athens Greece, Mykonos Greece, Kusadasi Turkey, Rhodes Greece, Santorini Greece, Naples Italy (we went to Sorrento), and our cruise ended in Civitavecchia...

Here are a few choices:

Vision of the Seas: Oslo, St Petersburg, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Oslo

Adventure of the Seas: Malaga, Valencia, Rome, Florence, Corsica, Malaga

NCL Gem: Venice, Split, Corfu, Mykonos, Iraklion, Venice

NCL Jade: Venice, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Katakolon, Venice.

You're not going to find much in a 7 day cruise that doesn't include the places you don't want to see. Most of the 7 day cruises do those ports that are on your "don't want " list.

Hi there,

HAL Ryndam: Barcelona, Spain; Malaga, Spain; Cadiz (Seville), Spain; Casablanca, Morocco; Cruising Strait of Gibraltar; Eivissa (Ibiza), Spain seems to meet all your criteria

Archived