Carnival Magic Questions Only

• 2 months later...
I've been wondering too, but I don't think anything has really even been released yet though.

Apparently there will be a big celebration on the waterfront on Sunday, Nov. 13, starting when the ship comes into port and lasting all day. There is an invitation-only event for travel agents to go onboard Sunday afternoon and stay overnight until Monday morning. You might check out http://www.galveston.com for more info.

the difference is the split bath and you are allowed to have 5 in those cabins only.

My DH and I received a free upgrade from an inside to a deluxe ov on the Magic, cabin #2230. I know there are a few more sq. ft. cabin space and a cute little couch, but didn't know about a split bath. Can someone tell me just what that is?Thanks.

We are just back from the Magic sailing from last week. I do have a question for any past Magic Cruisers that didn't get home with their luggage.....did you ever get it back?

We booked the transfer from the ship to the airport, asked if we could bring our own luggage to the shuttle, we were told 'No, bags have to be outside of our room to be picked up.' So we did.

Got to the airport...only 1 of our 2 bags were there.:mad:

We had an early return flight...and waited for 2 more trucks with luggage to arrive... nothing. My sister who was on a later transfer, saw our bag...from a later truck, we were already at our gate.

Guest Services said yesterday that they take all of the left luggage and ship it back to Miami by freight , and should be here in about 60 days.!!:eek:

Of course as we look back...we should have just grabbed a taxi and did it ourselves...but if our bag would have been on the right truck... I wouldn't be writing this post!

So.......has anyone lost their bag in Barcelona?... Have you got it back?

Thanks!

Just got booked for the 12/11/11 Magic - can't wait. So glad that you can finally have 5 people in a room. That has always been hard travelling for our family. So excited. Acutally has a bathtub????? Anyone been in one of these cabins - Deluxe Ocean View? Thanks for the picture right before this post. Any other pics would be appreciated!

We will be leaving the ship as you get on! We have the same type of room! That would be funny if we had the same room! What is your room number?

Thanks for trying an all "Magic" thread! My question has to do with dancing-is there any venue or music on the Magic that lends itself to ballroom dancing styles? Have a group that is interested, but am not sure what the options are. Any info you have would be great. Thanks.

My Wife and I are ballroom dancers. We would rate the Magic as being okay. There was a European Couple in the lobby who played Ballroom rhythms, but were kind of out of date for our tastes. We didn't like the placement of the band (above the dancefloor) but the floor itself is very nice and quite large. Ocean Plaza is also a nice sized floor. There was another European couple playing there, with a music selection that was more to our taste. There were a couple of times that the show band and singers played in the back lounge with a good music selection. The European bands did not recognize any of the songs we requested, but they were able to accomodate the Russian guests (often.)

NM, we were missing one piece of our luggage after the transfer to BCN Airport. It arrived ten minutes later on a van. Heald wrote on his Facebook page that the Carnival transfer was easy and worry free. I wouldn't use it or encourage others to either.

If anyone needs a cabin for four in a smoke free environment, including smoke free balcony and wants spa benefits, I can highly recommend 12023.

As for the ship itself, it's an improvement over other carnival ships. But they need to build bigger pools if they are building ships for 4,000 passengers. The current facilities are substandard. We had one sea day out of nine days. I would think twice about booking a Caribbean cruise on that ship.

We will be sailing on 1/8/12. It's been at least 4 years and things have changed. We have personal choice dining. Is it possible to make reservations so you don't have to stand in line? Also, if you find a table you like, will they let you reserve it for the rest of the time? How are the dining rooms assigned? Is one for fixed and one for flexible???

In the game room, does anyone remember seeing the game Mah Jongg? On one ship, they had a sea day set aside for Mah Jongg tournament; is that possible on the Magic?

In the coffee bar--do you have to pay for the pastries or just the coffee? How were the sugar free desserts? Did you have sugar free ice cream available in the lido, or is it just in the dining room? Thanks,

Am booked for Novermber 20th, cove balcony. Anybody experience noise from above in a cove?

You should come join our roll call! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1224096

Noise from above will depend on what you are under. We are in a cove, but it is below the lobby. We have had great luck with that location before :)

In the coffee bar--do you have to pay for the pastries or just the coffee? How were the sugar free desserts? Did you have sugar free ice cream available in the lido, or is it just in the dining room? Thanks,

You have to pay for everything at the coffee bar. Around the corner is sort of a free self-serve sandwich type thingy, but no desserts.

Pay stuff

DSC_6885.JPG

Free stuff

DSC_6887.JPG

MDR is the only place for sugar free ice cream.

• 4 weeks later...

So, does anyone know who will be the CD at the end of January. I know that John is leaving the Magic in December... Is he coming back in January? These are the questions that one who sails the end of January 2012 might have. Thanks,

Nancy

So, does anyone know who will be the CD at the end of January. I know that John is leaving the Magic in December... Is he coming back in January? These are the questions that one who sails the end of January 2012 might have. Thanks,

Nancy

James Charleton (sp?) I believe takes over after John leaves. He is a newbie.

Anyone have any photos of an inside room? I've looked around online but keep getting the generic carnival pic. We sail on 1/1/12 and ended up doing an inside room to save $ since we're bringing our kids. I'd love to have a real idea of the room! Thanks

Strongly considering the 12/18/11 8 day cruise on Magic. Just a little apprehensive about having our last sea day fall on Christmas day. Can anyone who has cruised on Christmas day tell me what kinds of things go on? I am usually a little bummed the last day of the cruise and don't want to be bummed on Christmas! My kids are teens so I thought it might be nice to do something different since Christmas isn't all Santa, bicycles, and dollhouses to them anymore... Also, any kinds of religious service? I assume not since clerymen will be booked at their own churches! I've already thought about how I could decorate the cabin, bring a couple gifts each, have Christmas at home the next morning after we debark (we live close to Galveston). Thoughts?

We went on a cruise out of New Orleans a few years ago that returned on Christmas Day. The ship was decorated as I recall but don't recall any religious activities - we were trying to slide past Christmas due to some family losses! Anyway we had a great time on the cruise. We did think it would be nice to visit New Orleans on Christmas day but it was only a year or so after the hurricane and I had never seen Bourbon St so deserted and businesses closed. It was really sad - I am sure it is much different now and more normal.

If you go hope you have a great cruise!