Info require please

Lewing

When on a cruise ship do you need any 'cash' to buy things in the shops or pay for anything like 'bingo' or anything else or is everything put on your card to pay at end of cruise???

Many thanks

Linda

When on a cruise ship do you need any 'cash' to buy things in the shops or pay for anything like 'bingo' or anything else or is everything put on your card to pay at end of cruise???

Many thanks

Linda

With P&O I am certain that it was cash only for the bingo sessions.

When you check-in , the desk will ask for a credit card to register -like in a hotel, all onboard spend except tips will go on the onboard account card they will give you, drinks at the bars, wine with meals at dinner, purchases from the shops, any photos you buy, all trips booked before you go and any booked onboard....it can add up... but most of your holiday money will be on this card. Take around £100 for tips in fivers/tenners for your cabin steward and the 2 waiters who wait your table, and then your port spending money (euros etc)

I know we had the option to pay cash for the Horse Racing evening............received winnings in cash too! ;)

I would have thought Bingo is the same but not certain as have never played. :D

I know we had the option to pay cash for the Horse Racing evening............received winnings in cash too! ;)

I would have thought Bingo is the same but not certain as have never played. :D

Yes you are right, but most people put their bets on their card. I for one had no cash on me and never carried any all cruise on the ship (tips money in safe ready for giving out at end of cruise)

Archived