HELP! Carnival Destiny........

CDorsey1981

I need some help with this! I want to take 2 cruises in November....1st one on the Dream...then the second which is a 5 day on the Destiny....I have heard so many NEGATIVE things about it....should I try the Destiny or find a newer ship perhap the Freedom which is a 6 day but reasonable prices...please advise.

we did the east carr. on the destiny this past jan . we had a fantastic time .we were in a cat 8b rm 6223 right in the middle of the ship. the food was really good in the mdr and even ok on the lido. the staff is absolutely awesome . it was myself 38, dw 29, and dd 18 months . the staff was amazing i cant say enough about them . book it you'll have a great time

if it works best for you, i wouldn't be overly concerned about destiny...

most of the negative talk was centered around when she had propulsion issues a few months back, which have since been rectified...

i really liked her when i cruised aboard her some time ago... she's not the biggest or newest out there, but still in good shape :D

reviews, just like most everything else you read her are based on individual perceptions and expectations... and some people just like to complain ;)

I had a nice cruise on her even during her propulsion malfunction. She is a great older ship, you just have to go into it knowing that shes not the youngest girl at the ball. She does look dated in some places, but no more so than most of the Fantasy class ships. Plan on having a great cruise and you will usually find ways to make it happen.

Well, im speaking of the appearance of the cabins...is the carpet dirty? does the room look outdated? the sewage smell alot speak of? has anyone sailed on the Destiny recently?

I don't know if last summer is considered recently but the carpet in our Lido balcony rooms last summer looked brand new, I never smelled a sewage smell. The TV was not a flat screen it was a regular TV. Hope that helps.

Hi, I rarely post on the site (as you can see from the number of posts) but thought I would add my view of our recent trip. We sailed on the Destiny over the Memorial Day weekend. We were in cabin 6324. Nice room with a balcony. Food was good, service excellent, and our cabin was always beautifully cleaned. My only complaint was the noise factor. My own fault, I didn't check the deck plan and our room was directly over a dance club. The first 3 nights were fine...a little loud, but nothing that kept us from falling asleep. The last night was a disaster! The noise was so loud the walls and windows were shaking. I can't tell you how bad it was. I think if ships can tell you that you have an obstructed view, it would be very helpful to let people know (without checking a deck plan) if the cabin is over a dance club or if it might be noisy.

Again, my own fault. The thing that annoyed us the most was even though we knew nothing would happen we did try to call someone to voice our concern and no one, I mean no one answered a phone.

Overall, would I sail Destiny again, probably. The last night drama did not spoil our tip. Just wanted to let you know about possible noise issues.

Archived