Naples to Capri

fiyero

Hi, we are going on the Equinox and stopping in Naples.

If we don't want to do an organised tour, is it easy to get a boat from naples to Capri and get back in time etc

If yes where do the boats, ferries etc go from at?

Thanks

fiyero:

You can catch the hydrofoils to Capri at Naples port. The ride is about 40 min. and costs approx. 17 euros per person.

There is a detailed ferry/hydrofoil schedule on capri.net.

You definitely have time to spend the day on Capri. Just note there are lines for taxis/funiculare (cable car which takes you up to the main piazzetta) during the daytime so you should factor that in along with other touring plans.

We are on the equinox as well--7/16, and while we love Capri and have vacationed on the island before, this time, when we hit Naples, we are finally getting to Pompeii.

If you go, gelato at Buonocare is a must!

Hi, we are going on the Equinox and stopping in Naples.

If we don't want to do an organised tour, is it easy to get a boat from naples to Capri and get back in time etc

If yes where do the boats, ferries etc go from at?

Thanks

You can catch a hydrofoil right there from the docks in Naples to Capri. If I remember correctly its about a 20 minute trip. For the life of me I cannot remeber how much it was, but it was reasonable...

Anacapri is where the chairlift starts, not the name of the mountain, which is named Mount Solaro. The chairlift station is near Piazza Vittoria. Some refer to the 20-minute ride to the top of the mountain as “the chairlift to heaven.” This is not much of an exaggeration. If you do one thing on Capri, do this. You will never forget it.

Timetables for the boats from Naples to Capri are at the website I listed in my previous posting.

• 2 weeks later...
Anacapri is where the chairlift starts, not the name of the mountain, which is named Mount Solaro. The chairlift station is near Piazza Vittoria. Some refer to the 20-minute ride to the top of the mountain as “the chairlift to heaven.” This is not much of an exaggeration. If you do one thing on Capri, do this. You will never forget it.

Timetables for the boats from Naples to Capri are at the website I listed in my previous posting.

How do you get to the chairlifts once we get on to the island of Capri??

You get to Anacapri either by bus or cab. It's a small place, you really can't miss the chair lift once you're there.

The bus drops you off at Piazza Vittoria. If you make a google map with these coordinates: 40.555544,14.22158 you will see the wheel at the base of the chair lift.

You get to Anacapri either by bus or cab. It's a small place, you really can't miss the chair lift once you're there.

The bus drops you off at Piazza Vittoria. If you make a google map with these coordinates: 40.555544,14.22158 you will see the wheel at the base of the chair lift.

Thanks!....I definitely want to do these chairlifts....Not to be a pest, but unfortunately, I don't do well in unknown places and need detail and take notes..... so you can pick up a bus right there when we get off the hydrofoil from Naples or do we have to go elsewhere to catch a bus......Are there several different buses there, if so does the bus indicate that it goes to Piazza Vittoria or do we just ask the bus driver if they go there? Approx how much does a bus cost? And approx. how much are the chairlifts?

• 2 weeks later...

The hydrofoil from Naples to Capri is actually 50 minutes and for 2 people it was about 32 euros. Its easy to get from Naples to Capri just budget a good amount of time in to stand in line to purchase the tickets, especially in the early morning hours while everyone is going to Capri and around 430 since most people are trying to get back to their cruise ship then.

The hydrofoil from Naples to Capri is actually 50 minutes and for 2 people it was about 32 euros. Its easy to get from Naples to Capri just budget a good amount of time in to stand in line to purchase the tickets, especially in the early morning hours while everyone is going to Capri and around 430 since most people are trying to get back to their cruise ship then.

Thanks! So what do you consider a "good amount of time" to stand in line? Rough idea is fine..... As of now we will go in the morning, but leave around noon to get to Pompei. I know people say its best to go to Pompei in the morning because of the heat, but I'd rather be in Naples where the ship is....and not fighting to getting back on time, on a hydrofoil, later on in the afternoon.

Do they accept credit cards for the hydrofoil?

Archived