Just ordered my Canon D10 !!!

pampaul

I'm so psyched!!! I've always wanted an underwater camera for times when we go on cruises or to the water parks. Cannot wait till I get it!! I got it off of Amazon for $273. Says it should be here by the 7th, which I'm hoping and praying that it does, because we leave on our cruise on the 10th. Fingers crossed!!!

I'm so psyched!!! I've always wanted an underwater camera for times when we go on cruises or to the water parks. Cannot wait till I get it!! I got it off of Amazon for $273. Says it should be here by the 7th, which I'm hoping and praying that it does, because we leave on our cruise on the 10th. Fingers crossed!!!

Congrats!!! Don't forget you'll need a memory card as well. It will also do decent underwater video so keep that in mind when you buy a card. We have ordered plenty of stuff through amazon and has always gotten it by the time they said it would get here or earlier. If you get a chance, play with it a bit before hand and make sure you find how to set it to for underwater picture taking. Makes a big difference.

Tim

My D10 showed up today! I was expecting a larger camera from all the reviews I read, but other than the lens housing bulge, it is a very compact camera.

On a side note, D10 owners may want to take along a can of compressed air to blow out the water from behind the buttons. I did this with mine tonight after giving it a dunk in the tub. May heart sank as I saw air bubbles coming out, but then realized there was some air trapped behind the various parts of the body.

Fun camera and I can envision many uses for it outisde the swimming/snorkeling uses!

Reading the manual now :)

One more tip, I bit-the-bullet and ordered the over-priced accessory kit.

I like to swim a lot when I snorkel (cover a lot or reef) and needed the neck strap, because I couldn't swim as freely with the camera strapped to my wrist.

I tried it in a pool before I took my trip.

I like to swim a lot when I snorkel (cover a lot or reef) and needed the neck strap, because I couldn't swim as freely with the camera strapped to my wrist.

That was my thoughts exactly in purchasing the kit, the sad thing is that Canon has discontinued them and they are hard to get right now. Luckily I scored one :D

Just got my D10 this afternoon. Been reading the manual. Haven't read the entire thing yet, but I can't find how to put it in "underwater mode". Do you have to switch it over to something or just put it under water?

Just got my D10 this afternoon. Been reading the manual. Haven't read the entire thing yet, but I can't find how to put it in "underwater mode". Do you have to switch it over to something or just put it under water?

If you look above the LCD screen there are 3 buttons one with printer icon, one with a camera/movie icon and one with a play button.

The center button is the one you want. Press it and the Auto button should be highlighted along with the word Auto below the row of icons. Scroll over to the 3rd choice that will say SCN. Press the up and down buttons to scroll through the various modes. The underwater mode looks like a fish, Press FUNC SET (the button in the center of the up/down/left/right keys) and you will be in underwater mode. Be sure to switch back to auto or the other modes depending on what you want to capture!

Also look through the other choices as there are a bunch of modes that will come in handy.

Have not played with program mode yet, but I will see what it can do later on when I get some more time.

When I get a little down time, I will upload some of the pics that I took the past few days in the "I got out and used my camera today" Thread.

Taking some pretty great pics so far! :)

If you look above the LCD screen there are 3 buttons one with printer icon, one with a camera/movie icon and one with a play button.

The center button is the one you want. Press it and the Auto button should be highlighted along with the word Auto below the row of icons. Scroll over to the 3rd choice that will say SCN. Press the up and down buttons to scroll through the various modes. The underwater mode looks like a fish, Press FUNC SET (the button in the center of the up/down/left/right keys) and you will be in underwater mode. Be sure to switch back to auto or the other modes depending on what you want to capture!

Also look through the other choices as there are a bunch of modes that will come in handy.

Have not played with program mode yet, but I will see what it can do later on when I get some more time.

When I get a little down time, I will upload some of the pics that I took the past few days in the "I got out and used my camera today" Thread.

Taking some pretty great pics so far! :)

Okay thanks. I've charged the battery already and I'm getting a memory card today for it. So hopefully I'll start playing around with it and getting used to it. We leave on Saturday for our cruise, so that'll only give me like 5-6 days to fiddle with it. Thanks again!!!

I was just talking to a guy, who made his own neck strap. He just took a cheap neck strap and found a way to clip it to one of the little connectors that hooks onto the corners of the camera. (I didn't even think of that)

Archived