13 month old and Ocho Rios

Aosborn

Has anyone taken the toddler off the ship in Ocho Rios? Let me know what type of activities you did if so. I have done Dunn River falls before but would love for my wife to get the chance to climb the falls. If I remember correst their was a paved walkway outside the falls that you could walk to the top without entering the falls. Can anyone confirm this and would they let me and my toddler walk the path why the wife actually climed the falls.

Well, unless you are arriving by sea, you climb down the path/steps to the foot of the falls. You can easily do this with a toddler, watch your wife climb and/or take the child to the beach there. We took grandkids as young as 3 to the beach while their parents climbed and they had a grand time. We'd climbed the falls on another trip, so that worked well for our group.

There are also a couple of nice beaches in walking distance from the ship--depending on where you port, I guess. Margariteville has a nice, though small, beach and a pool with a slide and there is another beach to the left of the dock that others say is good too, though I haven't personally been there.

Anywhere with a beach is good for a toddler!

Archived