"handicapped" passenger

czexrus

Has anyone ever had the experience of having or knowing someone to go on a cruise that could NOT eat. We are leaving on the Legend on August 29th. My father had a stroke and can not swallow or eat anything. There is a large group of us going and trying to figure out how to make him feel included even though he wouldn't be able to go to dinner with us.

Thanks.

Not being able to eat on a cruise ship!:eek:

I sometimes work with people who have had strokes, so I know there can be repurcussions. Since there is a large group of you, can you split up your dining times so someone can be with him at all times?

Has anyone ever had the experience of having or knowing someone to go on a cruise that could NOT eat. We are leaving on the Legend on August 29th. My father had a stroke and can not swallow or eat anything. There is a large group of us going and trying to figure out how to make him feel included even though he wouldn't be able to go to dinner with us.

Thanks.

I really am unsure what you are asking. I have been with stroke victims before and they are included as much as possible in our every day lives, including suppers that they can not partake in but they are there to be included in the exchanges. Why can you not take him to the MDR and include him in on the dinner conversation, they probably have been many places where they cannot eat but would feel left out or centered out by having to remain behind.

Archived