LONG! Carnival Destiny Review & Photos ~ 6-14-10 ~ 5 days to Grand Turk, HMC & Nassau

Sounds wonderful! So funny to see the Grampas Bakery listed. I've known that wonderful family for many years!!

What a great way to surprise your son, too. What great pictures! I think we'll do something similar in Nassau. We might go to the straw market. (something I've been wanting to do)

Thank you and that is awesome about DR! Are you still there??? Now that you know our "tastes" in shore excursions, can you recommend a few things? Thank you!

Beaches in LaRomana are gorgeous, and you seem to enjoy beaches. :D Any excursion to Altos de Chavon I highly recommend. It is absolutely breathtaking! We won't be in LaRomana when you will be there cruising, but if we were we would give you the grand local's tour!:)

Thank you and that is awesome about DR! Are you still there??? Now that you know our "tastes" in shore excursions, can you recommend a few things? Thank you!

Can you provide any comments on the Monster Truck tours in LR?

I have a group going on the Miracle (with the Queen) in March.

Setting up group tours independently and think either the truck thing or a boat tour over to one of the islands for a great lunch and some fun?

So Queen Leah, the adventure comes to an end here. I felt like I was sailing with you. So much great info, I have copied and pasted to death some of your info and ideas. Also "borrowed" a few photos.

I can't wait for the Miracle..and to finally meet your family.

Thanks for a wonderful review and beautiful pictures!! We will be going to GT and HMC in December and you have just helped me make up my mind on which cabana I WANT!!! :D Even in GT I was at a loss of what to do. Not anymore, thanks to you. I am now going to rent a golf cart and explore that beautiful island on our own. OMGoodness....I SOOOO want it to be December!!! I am ready to go!!!!! :D

Thanks again for the wonderful review and pictures!!!! :D

Now, off to investigate the Inspiration here on CC!!!

Since you like the Behind the Fun tour you should look into booking the Chef Table experience I just read the list of ships and Inspiration is one of them.

Can you provide any comments on the Monster Truck tours in LR?

I have a group going on the Miracle (with the Queen) in March.

Setting up group tours independently and think either the truck thing or a boat tour over to one of the islands for a great lunch and some fun?

So Queen Leah, the adventure comes to an end here. I felt like I was sailing with you. So much great info, I have copied and pasted to death some of your info and ideas. Also "borrowed" a few photos.

I can't wait for the Miracle..and to finally meet your family.

Hummm, I might have to join you guys on the Miracle!:D:):D

Depends on where the Monster trucks go and which island. The DR has lots of different scenery within short distances which is why we love it there. We have been there for 9 years and have not seen half the island yet! You cannot go wrong with the beaches, though!

Everything stored safely out of sight, we grab our snorkel gear and head to the beach. Ahhh... the water temperature is perfect! HMC is not the best place to snorkel because there is no grass or rocks, but we don our masks anyway and give it a go! We swim around for an hour and a half and only spot one fish. No problem, we are having a great time anyway! Grrrr... is that a rumble in our tummies? Yes! Let's go eat lunch.

First of all, I have to say that this is the best review I have read in my 11 years of being on the Cruise Critic! Well done. We did this itinerary 2 summers ago on the Imagination.

I wanted to address the snorkeling - we brought dog bones and voila - no fish turned into tons of fish!!!! They were nibbling on my DB in the food frenzy. So if you want to see some fish, pack dog bones.....or if you forget, maybe a box of cereal from the buffet would do.

Again, thanks for the great review. It helped me relive my wonderful cruise. Happy cruising!!!

Sorry about the LONG delay! Can you believe I stayed up until 3am on Sunday morning typing the first day of the cruise and when I hit "Submit Reply", everything was lost?! The next screen I saw was the CC sign-in page. I almost cried!!! Then on Sunday afternoon, "real life" interrupted... had to get DS ready for week-long church camp. Then, on Monday & Tuesday, DH took time off from work to spend time with me. Awww!!! Sorry... but hubby ranks higher than CC! LOL! Getting "re"-started now... hope I can remember everything I said the first time about embarkation day! :D

Thank you for taking time, and I know losing sleep, ignoring family etc. I am typing a Victory review and love doing it, and reliving cruise but it is time consuming. Most of my notes I do in word document, then cut & paste- but not always when I start typing as I think. The dreaded resubmit or relog in, or just error have been happening. I totally feel your pain and exclaimation of NO....near tears of frustration.

So many thanks!! Plus thanks for all those that read and thanks go unsaid.

We all appreciate the comments,hints and answers as CC members.

You sure are the Queen of Reviews! Thank you so much for this.

I´m from Brazil and I´m going on a honeymoon trip to USA. I though it would be nice to spend a few days on a cruise. Due to some restrictions, I had to narrow down my choices to either the Grandeur of The Seas (Royal Caribbean) or the Carnival Destiny.

Judging by lots of reviews I haved read, I couldn´t tell much about both cruises, because every review was either good or bad, they contradict themselves a lot. Thank you for your unbiased review, now I know exactly what wait for.

My cruise would have to be on September 6th. But then it occurred to me that it is in the middle of hurricane season. Now I´m a bit worried, and I haven´t booked anything yet. Missing the ports and having to stay indoors all the time could ruin my honeymooon.

What would you say about cruising during september? Is it too risky? I know it is cheaper, but in my case, I can´t pick other date.

Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

PS: Sorry for any mistakes on my post, english is not my native language.:o

I´m from Brazil and I´m going on a honeymoon trip to USA. I though it would be nice to spend a few days on a cruise. Due to some restrictions, I had to narrow down my choices to either the Grandeur of The Seas (Royal Caribbean) or the Carnival Destiny.

Judging by lots of reviews I haved read, I couldn´t tell much about both cruises, because every review was either good or bad, they contradict themselves a lot. Thank you for your unbiased review, now I know exactly what wait for.

My cruise would have to be on September 6th. But then it occurred to me that it is in the middle of hurricane season. Now I´m a bit worried, and I haven´t booked anything yet. Missing the ports and having to stay indoors all the time could ruin my honeymooon.

What would you say about cruising during september? Is it too risky? I know it is cheaper, but in my case, I can´t pick other date.

Your English was GREAT...better than some native speakers I know. ;)

I'll be on the Sept 6th sailing of the Destiny. My birthday is September 10th which is the peak of hurricane season. I am not worried, as I'd rather be on a ship that is able to sail around a storm than to be stuck on land. There is at least one other couple celebrating their honeymoon on our Roll Call thread.

Thanks, Sarah@Sea!

I´m new to this forum, I didn´t have the chance to look around. Now I know about the Roll Call Threads, he he he. ;)

I´ll post the same thing there, to see what others have to say about the hurricane season. I must decide soon, they still have to mail me some documents overseas.

Even if I don´t make it, I hope you have a great cruise!

Cruising in September is great! Go for it!

Hey Leah,

Awesome review.Such patience to do all of that.Loved reading it and looking at all the beautiful pictures.I think Tyler has grown since we saw him in Apr.on our last Cruise!You guys Cruise so much,wish we could!I guess there are many perks as to living in Florida,being so close to all the Cruise ports.I bet also getting great last minute deals.It costs us so much just to get to Florida and then to put a Cruise on top.....well you know!

Hope your enjoying this one also....I'm so jealous;).

Take care,say hi to all for us,

Talk soon,

Cathy

Archived