POLL: If you have stayed in a suite, would you ever book a non-suite again?

LBS1

If you have cruised in a Suite-would you ever stay non suite room again?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. If you have cruised in a Suite-would you ever stay non suite room again?

• Would only stay in a Suite-and would choose a higher level if possible.
    • Would stay in the same level of Suite as I have in the past.
    • Would never stay in a Suite again.
    • Would opt for a Mini Suite or Balcony
    • Would opt for a Ocean View or Inside Cabin.
    • As long as its a cruise-I'll sleep next to the engines if it means I can go.

1st time in OS on the Sky in November and could only get balcony for same trip in April while my sister was able to get the OS again - I hated it - the room was like a little box - we are booked in the GV on the Star next June and will book the GV for Panama Canal in 2012 - it's like being in a big house on the ocean and then going to the 2nd row - I will save and do without just to get the extra room in a suite. :)

If it means we sail then we don't need a suite .. it would be nice to sail only in suites but it's not always possible. Now, I don't think we could go from a balcony cabin to something on the inside or with a window .. am too claustrophobic for that

I have to agree with OnlyMe on this one... it is nice to sail in suites, which we have done on the Pearl, the Dawn and the Spirit... but I will still sail even if it is a cabin with a picture window, which is what we had on the Dawn sailing to Bermuda on June 6.

Since it was the only cabin left on the ship when we booked the Thursday night before sailing on Sunday, we didn't have much choice except to take the cabin with the picture window in the bow of the ship.

I really didn't know if I was going to like this because we had not had a cabin without a balcony in a long time, but you know, it turned out to be one of our best cruises ever.

There seems to be a tendency when you have a suite or a balcony cabin to want to stay in that cabin because of the amount of money you paid.

But it wasn't that way at all with our cabin with a window. We found out that we went out more, took part in activities we have never done before. Also we found our cabin was a lot bigger than our balcony cabin had been with a lot more storage.

Granted we had to sleep in twin beds but when you have been married as long as we have - a week apart wasn't a big deal.

Plus it the beds had been put together we wouldn't have been able to see out out window without climbing on the bed.

I also liked the window ledge - it was great for storing the camera, binoculars, meds, etc...

But there is one thing I don't think I could ever do and that is an inside cabin... I have never sailed in one and I won't ever sail in one... There are limits...

I would book a suite if I could afford to every time ,but would be happy next to the engine if that's all they had in order for me to sail!:)

I think the lowest I would like to go is a BA but that isn't always the case.:(

This is a tough one for me to answer... but I guess I will not cruise in 2010 because of economic/job situation. I'd rather wait and cruise in a suite again.

People choose suites for various reasons and here are mine: 1. I am claustrophobic and really loved the extra room. 2. I cruise with my mother and we each really need our own space, or somebody's going overboard, :) 3. In my current job I DO for everyone else. On vacation, it is a nice change to not have to handle all of the details. Before I travelled in a suite, I was my mother's butler and concierge! Now we BOTH get to relax and have a real VACATION!

I might travel in a non-suite on another line, but NCL has spoiled me for life. They really do an excellent job with regard to suite amenities.

On NCL the concierge's standard answer is, "Consider it done" ... when asked if he/she can provide something.

My one experience with a concierge on RCI, the answer to my query was, "I'm sorry, we don't do that." .... ah, huh??? Seemed more like a glorified coffee maker and bartender than anything else.

~dianne

I often travel with a friend and we don't share a bed so many, many of the suites are not available to us. We loved our Courtyard Villa but 2 bedrooms for 2 people is really overkill, we loved our AFT mini the next time, and were fine in our dinky little balcony last time. We will book a suite if we like the price and can get a configuration that works for us, but if not it's fine.

Heck, if we like the EPIC we are planning to get adjoining studios next time just to give that a try :eek: I guess we are easy to please and perfectly fine either way as long as we are cruising!!

If you have cruised in a suite, full benefits and not a "mini-suite', would you ever cruise in a standard or balcony room again?

Sure. It's not like staying in a suite is a "milestone" or something. I did it last week. It was great. If I can afford it next time, I'll do it again. If not, I'll stay preferably in a Balcony, but OV too.

The suite was great, but not great enough to make me miss out.

Our choice isn't on the list: We would always book a suite on NCL again if we could afford it, but will happily cruise in our usual standard balcony cabin or mini-suite. That's close to the last choice of "as long as it's a cruise," but we will not cruise without a balcony and we're pretty particular about locations. On other cruise lines, it would depend on the cruise line's suites, amenities, and perks. For example, the suites on RCI are not worth the money for us, but we realize some people love them. RCI's balcony and mini-suite categories suit us nicely. We'd only book a full suite if the fare was within $100 of a mini or balcony (yeah, like that's going to happen...oh well).

beachchick

we book a suite on NCL if we will be on the ship for most breakfasts and lunches in Cagneys. If we'll be getting off really early and staying on excursions for lunch, we get a balcony. For the record, someone posted that NCL has free DVD's , laundry, internet time and bar set up. That is NOT TRUE for the AD's and AE's. Not sure about the more expensive suites.

Nana~ I am not sure if you are taking about the DVD/CD selection book and maybe it has changed but when we traveled in the AE and the AD suite a couple of yrs ago, those were included, not an extra fee.

Unless you are talking about ordering a movie?

We enjoy Suites! This being said we have had times when we could not get one or the prices was way out of wack. We normally choose a Junior/ Mini Suite on Various Lines, But on Celebrity we always take Sky Suites, because of the relationships we have built with our Butlers. We have found though on the Solstice Class of ships we dont need a suite usually since the Aqua class staterooms has the specail dinning room BLU that blew us away and its hard to get in there if your in a suite.

Usually we would stay in Sky suites or Higher but enjoy Aqua class on Solstice class. On RCCL we would go with Grand Suite, and same on pricness a suite higher then the Mini Suite.

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the suites. Don't cruise often, but always have an NCL suite when we do. RCI's not bad, but really love having a Butler. RCI's concierge lounge with the free drinks and great hors d'oeuvres is a wonderful plus for them. I guess we are pretty happy in a suite on any cruiseline!!:D Our reason mostly for bking a suite is space---we love to entertain!!!

We were booked in an AE and were excited by that, wound up sharing a garden villa with my brother and his family, there is no way I can now cruise without at least a suite now. I was so spoiled by the concierge Anoop and butler Akmed. I was warned it is hard to go back and they were right.:D

On NCL the concierge's standard answer is' date=' "Consider it done" ... when asked if he/she can provide something.[/font']

My one experience with a concierge on RCI, the answer to my query was, "I'm sorry, we don't do that." .... ah, huh??? Seemed more like a glorified coffee maker and bartender than anything else.

~dianne

Exactly my experiance. We were told that we could not even get ice after 4pm.

I have enjoyed every moment of the AC suite life onboard the Sun, Jewel, and Pearl. Additionally, I have enjoyed every sweet moment in an inside, oceanview, balcony, and mini before, between, and afterwards. As long as my butler, housekeeper, and chef at home continue to perform to my standards, then I can pretty much sail in anything and get food for myself when on vacation.

Hahaha,

coka

we book a suite on NCL if we will be on the ship for most breakfasts and lunches in Cagneys. If we'll be getting off really early and staying on excursions for lunch, we get a balcony. For the record, someone posted that NCL has free DVD's , laundry, internet time and bar set up. That is NOT TRUE for the AD's and AE's. Not sure about the more expensive suites.

No charge for use of the suite DVD library (a list is provided; you can ask the butler to bring you what you choose) for any full suite. No free laundry for any (except perhaps been added for Owner's Suites, Deluxe Owner's Suites, or Garden Villas?). No free internet for any full suites. Bar set up (that is included liquor) for Owner's Suites, Deluxe Owner's Suites, and Garden Villas (three bottles for OS/DOS, six bottles for Garden Villa; "menu" of choices provided, it's not "anything you want"). Of course, all full suites receive the complimentary bottle of sparkling wine/champagne, but that's the only included alcohol for any except the OS, DOS, and GV.

Boy, free laundry and dry cleaning would be lovely! Internet we don't care so much about because it's so dang slow. And I'd love a bar set up, but as my DH doesn't drink, I'd be taking most of it home.

beachchick

Were you on the Gem? I believe that is the only NCL ship that charges for movies.

Yes, we were on the Gem for May 1, 2010 and there was a $12 charge for DVD's for us in the AE suite.

Thanks for the follow up. What a stupid and ridiculous new charge! I can't imagine why they'd add such a fee unless passengers were stealing the DVDs or perhaps "hoarding" them for an entire cruise so that no one else could enjoy them. But really, how hard is it to keep track of DVDs (they do have a list of who has what) or keep multiple copies of popular movies/shows so that more than one suite can have the same thing at the same time. Silly move on NCL's part.:rolleyes:

beachchick

Archived