Helicopter and Mendenhall Visitor Center

runner5

Sorry, flight is suppose to be about 2 hours and we are in port until 8:30 pm. Our helicopter is 9:45am, I assume we have to board the cruise by 8:00 pm. So if we are with Tempsco from 9:45 to even 12:15 and catch the bus, I assume we would have plenty of time, but I saw someone ask on this board it is an either or not both. I was planning on doing both, but after reading it made me nervous that I wouldn't have enough time.

You should definitely have more than enough to do both. When I did it the

visitors center stop was part of a longer tour and I was still able to the helicopter to the glacier within the time available in port.:)

Sorry, flight is suppose to be about 2 hours and we are in port until 8:30 pm. Our helicopter is 9:45am, I assume we have to board the cruise by 8:00 pm. So if we are with Tempsco from 9:45 to even 12:15 and catch the bus, I assume we would have plenty of time, but I saw someone ask on this board it is an either or not both. I was planning on doing both, but after reading it made me nervous that I wouldn't have enough time.

Two things to keep in mind. First, Tempsco may take you to the glacier; it's worth checking into. I feel as though I've seen other cruisers mention this. The issue is, at the airport, you're already in the valley by the glacier. So it's going to be around an hour round trip going back downtown to get the shuttle and then back to the glacier. Depending on the size of your group, even if they won't take you to the glacier, a taxi from the airport to the glacier may be the same price as shuttle tickets for your whole group.

However, I'm a big one for meals and I note you're at lunch time here. There is no food at the glacier, nor are you allowed to bring food out there because of the bears. Since you have literally hours, you could comfortably dine downtown, go up the tram if the weather's good, then shuttle back to the glacier. It just depends on how big you are for meals on time.

Archived