Just booked a cruise using Next Cruise Cert &

Just booked a cruise using Next Cruise Certificate I previously obtained. I looked on the RCCL website & it shows that a payment is due July 4th & final payment is August 11, 2011. I called it in to RCCL, not on the website, since I had a Next Cruise Cert. They told me no additional deposit was required, but on the booking receipt & on line it shows a payment is due basically now. The last time I used a Next Cruise Cert, I had to pay the additional deposit. I called back, talked to another agent & they assured me that was right, no additional deposit was needed. Has anyone used a Next Cruise Cert & did you have to pay the additional deposit.

Thanks in Advance

George

How much is saying is due? Seems I always see "Payment Due" at the top of the screen on a cruise that isn't payed off yet but it is talking about that final payment date of August for an Oct cruise. Did you pay only the deposit for one person when getting the certificate then booked two so the deposit on the second person is due? Few more details might help.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Don't worry about it. I have a number of reservations made onboard with a reduced deposit of $100 per person, and the confimations have a notation that a full deposit is due. So far all of my reservations remain valid.:) The LA onboard Rhapsody told us that they can't seem to get the computer system to acknowledge the lower deposit.

Thanks for the help guys. I feel better hearing from others that everything is OK.

Jean, what you said about them not being able to get the computer to acknowledging the reduced deposit is exactly what the second rep said.

Dawna, it showed up as the remainder of the normal deposit. Thanks, I think all is now well.

I was just a little worried that they would cancel our reservation especially since we got a great cabin.

The last cruise I was on in January 09 I booked a Next Cruise for my husband and myself and was told by the LA that we would receive a $100 OBC per cabin when we booked a cruise the next time. Well, I recently booked a 4 night cruise for the fall and was told by Royal that I would only receive a $25 credit per cabin. The LA really should give the passengers the correct information. If I knew this I'm not sure I would have given them $200 a year ago only to get back $25. Has anyone else been give false information concerning Next Cruise OBC?? I recently received an email with a Savings Certificate for my fall cruise and the Vacation Planner told me I couldn't use the coupon because this was a Next Cruise and it was not combinable with any other offer. BUMMER!!!

The last cruise I was on in January 09 I booked a Next Cruise for my husband and myself and was told by the LA that we would receive a $100 OBC per cabin when we booked a cruise the next time. Well, I recently booked a 4 night cruise for the fall and was told by Royal that I would only receive a $25 credit per cabin. The LA really should give the passengers the correct information. If I knew this I'm not sure I would have given them $200 a year ago only to get back $25. Has anyone else been give false information concerning Next Cruise OBC?? I recently received an email with a Savings Certificate for my fall cruise and the Vacation Planner told me I couldn't use the coupon because this was a Next Cruise and it was not combinable with any other offer. BUMMER!!!

The LA had no idea that you would use your NC on a 4 night cruise. She naturally assumed that you would be booking a 7 night cruise or possibly longer.

OBC is determined by the number of nights and not by the deposit made. This is the breakdown as of June 1, 2010.

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Had you purchased your NC in December of 2008 you would have been able to combine the OBC with the Savings Certificate. The combining of benefits was eliminated effective January 1, 2009..........but was recently reinstated for all new bookings made on or after June 1, 2010.

Since you purchased your NC prior to June 1, 2010, you should be receiving a $50 OBC for a 3-5 night cruise. Call back tomorrow and speak to another rep or a supervisor.

Hmmmmm....I just used a next cruise certificate I purchased in May, 2010 and will be receiving $50 OBC for the five-night cruise I booked. I was told it was because it was purchased prior to the June 1, 2010 change. I would call back and talk to another rep.

I just used a Next Cruise Cert. and my TA had a promo through RCCL for extra OBC. However, I had to have the full $500 deposit in, so I ended up having to give them an extra $300 (on top of the $200 I gave onboard for the Next Cruise).

I just used a Next Cruise Cert. and my TA had a promo through RCCL for extra OBC. However, I had to have the full $500 deposit in, so I ended up having to give them an extra $300 (on top of the $200 I gave onboard for the Next Cruise).

That's the normal procedure when changing a NC into a specific sailing. The balance of the deposit is required less the deposit made when you initially purchased it on your cruise.

That's the normal procedure when changing a NC into a specific sailing. The balance of the deposit is required less the deposit made when you initially purchased it on your cruise.

Patti, that may have changed recently. I changed a reservation that I can't remember whether it was an NC or an onboard booking and the rep said that the original $200 deposit would hold it because it was a Next Cruise booking. But I'm not positive which it was.

I just used 2 NC to book a back to back and they made me pay the remaining deposit. I thought I had read that this had changed, but the rep said he had never heard of such a thing. So are some of you all saying that when you booked your cruise no additional deposit was required???

Patti, that may have changed recently. I changed a reservation that I can't remember whether it was an NC or an onboard booking and the rep said that the original $200 deposit would hold it because it was a Next Cruise booking. But I'm not positive which it was.

Who knows what they are doing these days, seems that they change the way things are handled at least twice a day......and it depends on who you are talking with.:rolleyes:

I've heard it both ways.........so I would rather tell them yes for the full deposit so that if they don't it's a pleasant surprise.:D

I just used 2 NC to book a back to back and they made me pay the remaining deposit. I thought I had read that this had changed, but the rep said he had never heard of such a thing. So are some of you all saying that when you booked your cruise no additional deposit was required???

You may want to call back and ask, you'll get a different rep with most probably a different answer.:)

Archived