Caribbean Princess to Canada - Kid Question

cruisersince1992

I am taking a cruise to Canada with my 3 1/2 year old. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about activites to do in Boston Mass, Bar Harbor Maine, and St. John New Brunswick. The shore excursions offered do not seem child friendly and I need some suggestions.

Thank you .

RLD

In Boston, take a duck tour.

http://www.bostonducktours.com/

Your 3 yr old will love it, and you'll get a fun overview of the city. You'll need to take a taxi from the ship to the pick-up spot, but it's not far and there should be plenty of taxis around. Another idea is to take him to the Public Garden, one of 2 main parks in the middle of the city (the other is the Boston Common, right next door.) Before departure on your cruise, get him a book called "Make Way for Ducklings," a children's classic about a family of ducks making their way to the pond there. There are statues of the ducklings, you can walk the path of the ducks, and then the two of you can take a slow ride on the Swan Boats around the pond. Boston is a great city for kids!

Have you been over to the Ports of Call message boards here on cruise critic? That's a great place to get ideas for the ports you'll be visiting. Also, the roll call for your cruise (also part of the message boards, if you're not familiar with it) may give you ideas, and sometimes there are opportunities to band together with others for private tours at a very good price per person. Good luck.

Here's the link to the New England board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Two more possibilities for Boston are the Children's Museum (lots of neat interactive stuff) and the Aquarium ---- both are along the waterfront, not too far from where the ship docks although it might be a little far to walk. Of course, a lot depends on what your little one is interested in. There's plenty of info on both available online.

Archived