Snorkel/Sea Turtles/St. Thomas or Barbados

igo2travel

My kids really want to see sea turtles. We're doing the Victory seven port cruise in December. I'm trying to pick one snorkeling excursion between either St. Thomas or Barbados. If we don't snorkel in St. Thomas, we'll do a beach day. So are the sea turtles more plentiful on St. Thomas or Barbados and are the beaches more beautiful in St. Thomas than Barbados?

Here's my itinerary so far:

San Juan, PR - Touring on our own

St. Thomas - Beaching or snorkeling

Dominica - Hiking

Barbados - Snorkeling or ?

St. Lucia - Touring and snorkeling (already booked)

St. Kitts - Ziplining

St. Maarten - Beaching

In regards to Bueller..........my best friends brother's girlfriend said he passed out at 31 flavors............but I can tell you about the turtles in Barbados.

We did the turtle snorkling and party catermaran with our two teen kids, my father and his girlfriend, and my husband and I and it was our favorite excursion of the trip. We saw large turtles everywhere. They fed them to keep them close. They do ask that you not try to touch them or chase them as the turtles will feel threatened and could snap at you. But we had no problems. My underwater camera was a disposable one, so the pictures of the turtles didn't come out well, but with the naked eye, they were beautiful. You'll have to ask someone else about the turtles in St. Thomas.

we did turtle cove in st. thomas a couple years ago. we saw three turtles and a barracuda. maybe it was an off day, but there was not much to see. we didn't go to any beaches in st. thomas, but those who did said they were beautiful.

We booked with Heat Wave while in Barbados and they were awesome. There was turtle everywhere, and Wayne and Damien were awesome, they made our day and probably the best shore excursion we ever did. Cost was around $75 pp and worth every penny and Children are $38.00pp. They provide drinks and a delicious lunch. We also stopped and snorkeled over a ship wreck which was amazing. I would highly recommend booking with them. They are located at the Boat Yard, which is only a short distance from where the cruise ship docks and they pick you up and drop you back off free of charge after the excursion.

Archived