About to book Disney Dream - Which category 11 (a,b,c)?

Alex uk

I'm new to cruising and am about to book the Disney Dream for 2nd October 2011. We are happy to have a category 11 inside cabin, but the problem is there are three to choose from 11a, 11b or 11c and I don't know which would be best.

Can anyone give me the pros and cons to help me with my choice please?

Thankyou :)

If I remember correctly, the A,B,C,D,E designations relate to the position on the ship.A is center block or zone, and I think that the B,C are the next "Zone"foward and aft, then D and E are the farthest foward and aft.

So, the A,B,C, would be fairly close to the center of the ship.

Since the ship is still in the yard, and no first hand experience,Id say look and see where the potential rooms are in relation to public areas, such as clubs, movie theatre etc.

Thankyou very much for your advice. After all that we ended booking a category 9 deluxe ocean view goodvibes.gif It was only an extra $234 so we thought we'd go for it. We chose state room '7054' which is a corner room, I'm just hoping we've made a good choice.

Category 11's are specified this way:

11C are on deck 2

11B are on decks 5,6 and 7

11A are on decks 8, 9 and 10

It has nothing to do about forward, center or aft.

Our 11A's are on deck 8 in the front of the ship.

We have two connecting staterooms book and we can wait for the porthole in the inside staterooms. We think it is clever also!!!!!

Vicki

Category 11's are specified this way:

11C are on deck 2

11B are on decks 5,6 and 7

11A are on decks 8, 9 and 10

It has nothing to do about forward, center or aft.

Vicki

Ive talked to 3 different DCL reps.,about how to translate the old category rooms into the new cat assignments.(Asked again yesterday since we are looking at the Dream for our next cruise)They have all said the same thing.The ship is broken in to 5 sections,horizontally,A,B,C,D,E. The best rooms, according to DCL are the A,B,C rooms which are centered, around the midpoint of the ship.For what ever reason it worked out that the cat 11 A,B,C worked out that the A,B,C are on different decks.Some are foward but still in the cat group that DCL is using.

The way they explained it, was the B was the center block,( I had it backwards) A is the next block foward of B, C is aft of B and D and E are the farthest blocks out, at the bow and stern.

Cat. 11C cabins on the Wonder and Magic in 2011 are the old cat. 12 cabins on deck 2. 11C cabins on the Dream are also on deck 2. Unlike 11C cabins on the Wonder and Magic, which are guarantee status only, you can books specific 11C cabins on the Dream.

Archived