How does M Class compare to RCI Radiance Class ships

roe2ship

I enjoyed my cruise on Royal’s Radiance class, however there was something about the design and flow of that ship that didn’t appeal to me. I thought at times the ship had a crowded feel. I know both classes of ships have the same length and tonnage with the Radiance class holding 2500 pax at full capacity, is this true also for the M class? All I can find is 1950 pax for the M class but not sure if that is at full capacity.

So to those of you who have done both.....Is the layout, design of the M class ships very similar to RCI Radiance class? How do they compare? Thx

I haven't sailed on an M class but I did tour one. I also just came off the Solstice and I saw more similarities between the S-class than the M-class. The Solstice had the towering atrium and glass elevators similar to the Radiance.

The ship NEVER felt crowded and there were a ton of places to go.

I know this doesn't answer your question...but as one who LOVED the Radiance Class, I saw a lot of the same design carried out in the Solstice.

I thought at times the ship had a crowded feel. I know both classes of ships have the same length and tonnage with the Radiance class holding 2500 pax at full capacity, is this true also for the M class? All I can find is 1950 pax for the M class but not sure if that is at full capacity.

About the same size but 500 fewer passengers., 20% -25% more room for everyone depending on M-Class to Radiance or the reverse..

The Radiance class and M class are built on the same hull, so they are the same size. The M class does not have the atrium all the way up, it is only 2 or 3 decks high and for me that made the M class harder to navigate than the Radiance class. The M class doesn't have all the glass and doesn't have as open a feeling for me.

I love this size of ship.

Beth

We've done both on the Jewel with RCCL and Summit & Millie on X. As has already been said it's the same hull so same size ship although the Jewel squeezed more cabin space in. I loved ALL of our cruises on all these ships but will admit that until we had sailed on the Solstice this past January we thouhgt the Jewel was the most beautiful of all the ships we'd been on. The Solstice is larger but has the same design "feel" as the others mentioned, with the elegance of Celebrity thrown in. I doubt we'll go back to "M" class...well maybe once they've "solsticized" them all. I never felt crowded on either so not sure what you meant by flow unless it was the absence of the "Royal Promenade" which Royal has in it's Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class ships. X has nothing to compare and I, for one, am happy....they are just too big and impersonal for me.

Archived