Conquest Room 6343 Upper Deck

BettyB2

Hi everyone ! I think I accidentally posted this question inside of someones elses thread..OOOPS:eek:

QUestion is this - Easiest way for me to get to SUshi bar ? ANd any hints on how to maneuver this great ship would help us out a lot (this is my first cruise and hubbys second one).

what dining room will we be eating in???

thanks again. LOVE THIS SITE

WOW - Great location in my opinion. We had 6335 last time and are taking it again because the location was great. I would head towards the back of the ship and take that stairwell or elevators - both either is just as convienent as the other. Go one floor down to the Promenade and then head towards the front - same side you were on. The sushi bar will be on the left.

Also - I noticed at lunch time they have a sampling of sushi in the forward Grand Buffet area - if you like sushi you may want to check there. They may not do it anymore - maybe someone who has gone recently can verify.

FYI - The laundry room is right down the hall - 6387 - it doesn't show up on the layout - but if you look at the layout it's in the open area next to 6393.

We have 6335 on the 3/6/05 sailing. Nice to know someone liked it enough to book it a second time! Hoping our 9 year old who sleeps like a tornado doesn't roll out of that top bunk though! Some nights she ends up at the foot of her bed which concerns me a bit with that pull down bunk. YIKES!

We have 6335 on the 3/6/05 sailing.

WOW - What day did you book? The reason I ask is because under "normal" circumstances we would have been on that sailing - and possibily that cabin - if you hadn't already snatch it.

By normal I mean that we like to go spring break week for our kids - which is that week this year. But since my 17 YO is graduating this year and doesn't turn 18 until June he asked if - for his graduation present - we could move the date to after his birthday - so he could gamble on the ship (and drink in the ports). So that's how we ended up with the July 31st sailing (had to wait for the price to come down - already about $600 more then we would have spent for the week at spring break).

You will LOVE this cabin. Do you have 3 or 4 in the cabin?

Two things to remember when trying to maneuver through this ship.

1. The Lobby and Atlantic Decks do not allow you to go from front to back. The galley is in the way. You will have to go above or below it to get to the front or back.

2. On Decks 6,7, and 9, you can go all the way forward, turn toward the outside of the ship, go through a set of doors and be at the bow of the ship where there is walkways to enjoy the view while underway.

We booked the 2nd week in January -TOTALLY on a whim! Spring break for our kids is around Easter but I about choked when they gave me pricing so we are pulling the kids out of school for 4 days to go that week. There is a holiday that week in our district for some local revolutionary war hero. it's one of those holidays they didn't celebrate when I was a kid but added it in about 15 years ago. The kids don't even know why they are out of school that day!

There are 4 of us-DH, DD(9) and DS(6). I SO need a vacation!

Wolver-is this the so called "secret door" that people refer to on the Carnival secrets thread? When you say go out to the bow do you mean the actual front of the ship? Is the door labeled or do you remember? I always thought the bow area was crew only but on the secrets thread they mention that the door that leads outside merely is not labeled. It's one of the things we will be looking for in 27 days!

Hi everyone ! I think I accidentally posted this question inside of someones elses thread..OOOPS:eek:

QUestion is this - Easiest way for me to get to SUshi bar ? ANd any hints on how to maneuver this great ship would help us out a lot (this is my first cruise and hubbys second one).

what dining room will we be eating in???

thanks again. LOVE THIS SITE

Sushi bar?

Cut out the middleman and walk right from your bed to the john... It's the shortest route. :)

WOW - What day did you book? The reason I ask is because under "normal" circumstances we would have been on that sailing - and possibily that cabin - if you hadn't already snatch it.

You will LOVE this cabin. Do you have 3 or 4 in the cabin?

Hi there - we actually took this room over from some friends of our going in a GROUP cruise of 40 ppl in October of last year. It was last minute as we had not planned on going.

there are only 2 of us in this room

thanks everone for the information !!!!!!! THIS SITE IS THE BEST:D

WOW - Great location in my opinion. We had 6335 last time and are taking it again because the location was great. I would head towards the back of the ship and take that stairwell or elevators - both either is just as convienent as the other. Go one floor down to the Promenade and then head towards the front - same side you were on. The sushi bar will be on the left.

Also - I noticed at lunch time they have a sampling of sushi in the forward Grand Buffet area - if you like sushi you may want to check there. They may not do it anymore - maybe someone who has gone recently can verify.

FYI - The laundry room is right down the hall - 6387 - it doesn't show up on the layout - but if you look at the layout it's in the open area next to 6393.

:) THANKS SOOOO MUCH for the directions and great information ! I am trying to compile myself a little list on east directions to get to the places I know I want to check out ! Will check sushi at lunch and let everyone know when I get back..........13 more days til CONQUEST !!!

Wolver-is this the so called "secret door" that people refer to on the Carnival secrets thread? When you say go out to the bow do you mean the actual front of the ship? Is the door labeled or do you remember? I always thought the bow area was crew only but on the secrets thread they mention that the door that leads outside merely is not labeled. It's one of the things we will be looking for in 27 days!

Yes, that's the "Secret Door". At the front of those passenger decks, 6,7 and 9, there is a hallway that runs from one side of the ship to the other. At both ends of this short hall is the doors leading out. I remember quite well what the door looks like. It's made from dark stained wooden planks and has a small round window in it. It's not labeled. You have to step over a high threshold, then there is another door directly on the other side of it. That door is hard to open because of the wind. That's why there's two doors there. This will lead you out to the bow. Here is a picture of what you'll see. http://community.webshots.com/photo/64255475/64257187wbEcvC This shot was taken from on top of the bridge. The blue areas are where you can walk. Once outside there, there is a stairway that runs down the middle where you can change decks. You are correct in that you cannot go to the actual bow of the ship. That is reserved for crew members only. Once in a while we saw crew members sunning themselves out there. If you look real close at the picture, in the upper part, just to the right of that tower, there are a couple of people laying out there in the picture.

Archived