Carnival Glory question.....

bleuiz

It will depend on the entertainer and the crowd. When we went last year, it was great. The entertainer was Russell.

I have no idea who is on the Glory now, but there is a thread on here somewhere detailing the piano bar entertainers across the fleet.

How is the piano bar?? Does it get a nice size crowd??

:confused:

I was on the 6/14 - 6/19 cruise. The piano bar entertainer is Bruce McGhie until at least October. I had a blast. I was in there every night from start to finish. The size of the crowd varied. This is the assessment I posted on the piano bar thread:

"I just got off the Glory this past Saturday. I spent every night in the piano bar and had a blast. Bruce is a sweet and talented Scotsman (excellent accent!). Lower key than some. His playlist is varied and always includes lots more than what is just on the list he hands out, but pretty lean when it comes to current songs.

He does a good job making everyone feel included and welcome and absolutely loves audience participation, often dropping out and letting the audience sing and pointing out and featuring someone who is singing along enthusiastically. He's got an extra microphone for people who want to sing and it often got passed around. Early on he often does trivia and "Name that Tune" stuff to help people get involved (I can name that tune in 250 notes! LOL)

It can get a bit repetitious as he finds what works with his audience, on our cruise he had 20 somethings to 70 somethings in his bar, and he works to please everyone, that was quite an age gap to straddle. And he accommodates requests as he can, almost to a fault... Oh, if I never hear "Rhinestone Cowboy" again, it will be too soon! LOL!

His is one of those piano bars where it can be nice just listening and chatting with just a few people in the bar (as it was early on the first night) or a lot of fun with a big raucous group which it became later on in the cruise. The people in the bar and their willingness to participate definitely make a big difference. Seats around the bar were at a premium by the second night of our cruise as his "hardcores" found their way to the bar. The first night worried him a bit as he said that the previous two cruises were rip-roaring from the get go.

Just make sure it's after midnight before you ask him what his favorite thing to wear under his kilt is! LOL!

Go and give him a chance. I doubt you'll be disappointed. Tell him Laura from the list sent you! "

A woman on one of the cruises after mine posted on the Facebook group "Carnival Piano Bar-barians" that Bruce was the highlight of the cruise for her and may others.

I can honestly say the same.

Happy cruising!

Laura

Archived