Take drink on at Southampton?

CHIPMUNKS

In the past I understood it to be the case that alcohol, such as a celebration bottle of champagne, could be taken on board at Southampton. However I have recently heard that this is now not allowed. Anybody else heard this?

Its ok in small quanitites. A few bottles of CHampagne or wine (I take a winebox as its unbreakable and compact) Someone on Ventura had trouble bringing on alcohol in Spain onboard, but from Southampton its OK still. I asked again another friend onboard Arcadia now and she said no probs atall....

We had no problems getting onto Azura with a large bottle of sherry (Mums pre-dinner tipple) and a bottle of Gin. No questions asked. I think unless you looked under the influence or were taking the P with a crate of beer then they will not mind.

I'm so pleased that it isn't as bad in Southampton as OH was thinking of taking a couple of bottle of wine on board. Only two weeks on Saturday.:D

I drink Red Kitchie. :D:p;)

and eat Pringles:p

Hi Kitchie

I'm off just infront of you go 2 weeks on Friday on Azura . Booked this cruise a few days ago..!!:eek:

After booking then had to:

Book cat in cattery

Arrange Travel Ins for 82 yr old MIL

Re-new her Health Ins card (old E111)

Book car in CPS car park

Buy Euros

Put passport details in and print off e -tickets

Research cruise ports and booked a trip for us

Arrange my Carnival shareholders obc

Phew, think that it!

Think I'm ready to rumble. Now which clothes shall I take!

Have you considered taking a winebox? We won't be bothering this time as only going for a week, but on a fortnight cruise, the 3litres in the small compact box suits us both, giving about 1 glass each per day as a late afternoon/pre dinner drink.

Hi Kitchie

I'm off just infront of you go 2 weeks on Friday on Azura . Booked this cruise a few days ago..!!:eek:

Book cat in cattery

Book car in CPS car park

Buy Euros

Phew, think that it!

Have you considered taking a winebox? We won't be bothering this time as only going for a week, but on a fortnight cruise, the 3litres in the small compact box suits us both, giving about 1 glass each per day as a late afternoon/pre dinner drink.

Couldn't you get your husband to help you with the to do list ?

Spirits can be bought cheaply enough via you cabin interactive tv and delivered by your cabin steweard.

Last month a bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin was £10.50, plus £1.50 cabin charge, so £12.50 compared to around £18 or so in Tesco.

But cheaper to take your own wine onboard.

drinks prices were however much cheaper than other cruise companies, such as Royal C etc.

Spirits can be bought cheaply enough via you cabin interactive tv and delivered by your cabin steweard.

Last month a bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin was £10.50, plus £1.50 cabin charge, so £12.50 compared to around £18 or so in Tesco.

But cheaper to take your own wine onboard.

drinks prices were however much cheaper than other cruise companies, such as Royal C etc.

Yep, totally agree with that. Spirits are very good prices onboard, wine is £5 a glass!! We have a balcony so take wine onboard for cabin drinking only on the balcony, I couldn't be bothered to wait for room service to deliver a glass at £5 a glass when I can have it 'ontap'in my fridge for £16 for 3 litres...:)

..no he was too busy working to pay for it lol :)

I'm the cruise secretary bookings clerk in this house haha....

Trouble with that is if anything doesn't go to plan there is only one person to blame. Make sure he does some of the packing.

He might pack his own case, when I've washed and ironed all the stuff for him , oh and he'll drive us down to Southampton.... after 10 cruises, and 3 or 4 ship visits in 4 years the car finds it's own way there now,,:D

Hi Kitchie

Book cat in cattery

Book car in CPS car park

Buy Euros

Phew, think that it!

Wow Libralass, you have worked hard. I don't think we will take a carton on board as we are only on for 7 nights too. There again Rob might find out which stateroom we are in...

Archived