Car rental in Barcelona

I rented a car from Barcelona Airport last week, but in order to drive to the Costa Brava. While in Barcelona, I would not use a car as parking is difficult to find and expensive, and the traffic and one-way streets would make navigating difficult. Also - there are MANY signs posted at the rental agency to not leave any luggage or any property at all in your parked car as break-ins happen very often. But to answer your question, I'm pretty sure there is no drop off at the port - but there are car rental offices at the major train stations in the city. I found the best rate at Alamao/National (they have a place on their website where European specials are listed) - my final total was $350 for a week rental with unlimited mileage and insurance included.

You can check Expedia for the cost of one-day rentals.

Best,

Mia

Mia, thanks for your quick reply. You are correct...would not think of driving in Barcelona.

The reason we are thinking of renting a car is because we are thinking of staying at a hotel ( outside of Barcelona )about 35 miles from the port pre cruise. Thought it may be more cost effective to drive from airport to hotel and then to port from hotel rather than taking taxis each time.

If there are car returns at the train station, that will work . Thanks for your help.

Archived