Never too old!

Musicus

Thanks again for continuing to post his adventures. I am sharing them with friends as I read and they make for wonderful discusions and some wishful thinking too. Please continue. I am anxious to hear of your interaction with this amazing man. It makes me wish I was on the east coast so I could easily book a segment too. Thank you so much.

I have gone to the message board for that cruise line. I want to find posts of people who have met this man, and what they took from the experience. I am a firm believer that this man has a wealth of knowledge, and enjoys talking to people. We could all learn so much by listening to our elders. They have lived what we can only read about. I can't wait for the next post from him. I hope he gets good table mates because he likes stimulating conversation.

Got an e-mail tonight from Egon. He has finally gotten his Travelscoot.com. It says it weighs 6 lbs. so it will be easy for other people to help him get off that ship and to nose around a little bit more. I am so glad he finally got it.:D

I was wrong. Apparently, the battery weighs 6 lbs. but together it weighs about 35 lbs. so not so bad.

Edited by yellowbird23

This is good to know that it will be easier to get around. I did not realize that Egon is 93! He puts us all to shame. Lol. Just the fact that he is doing 20 laps is amazing, even though the pools are small. I love his zest for life. What also strikes me is that he eats healthy.I think this helps to keep him full of energy. The fact that he stays up late, and gets up early is great. I hope he had fun in Ft. lauderdale with the CC member. I know you will be tickled to meet him.I hope they will consider moving him to a larger cabin.

Edited by INCHARGE

This is good to know that it will be easier to get around. I did not realize that Egon is 93! He puts us all to shame. Lol. Just the fact that he is doing 20 laps is amazing, even though the pools are small. I love his zest for life. What also strikes me is that he eats healthy.I think this helps to keep him full of energy. The fact that he stays up late, and gets up early is great. I hope he had fun in Ft. lauderdale with the CC member. I know you will be tickled to meet him.I hope they will consider moving him to a larger cabin.

I do know that he has to get off the ship from 1/4-9/2011 because the whole ship is chartered for that week. I can't imagine why they don't let him on. Rediculous. I wonder what he will do with all his things in his cabin for that week? They have begun giving him laundry service free so that he doesn't have to lug his laundry into a port. I agree, he should be given at least a room with an ocean view. They say you get what you pay for, but in his case they could go an extra mile, don't you think?

I do know that he has to get off the ship from 1/4-9/2011 because the whole ship is chartered for that week. I can't imagine why they don't let him on. Rediculous. I wonder what he will do with all his things in his cabin for that week? They have begun giving him laundry service free so that he doesn't have to lug his laundry into a port. I agree, he should be given at least a room with an ocean view. They say you get what you pay for, but in his case they could go an extra mile, don't you think?

Maybe they will upgrade him if we all send an e-mail to the cruise line????

Pat, I think that is sort of ridiculous too. With paying for an entire year on their ship, wouldn't it be tremendous if they upgraded him to a "room with a view" when he reboards on 1/9/11?? :cool: I certainly don't think that's too much particularly since I'd imagine they are getting some great publicity from his journey. I'm so glad he has his scooter now - he can zip around in FLL while the charter is going on. :D

Sue

Pat, I think that is sort of ridiculous too. With paying for an entire year on their ship, wouldn't it be tremendous if they upgraded him to a "room with a view" when he reboards on 1/9/11?? :cool: I certainly don't think that's too much particularly since I'd imagine they are getting some great publicity from his journey. I'm so glad he has his scooter now - he can zip around in FLL while the charter is going on. :D

Sue

I am sure he will e-mail me and let me know where he is going to stay while off the ship that week. At least I hope so. I asked him if his scooter has a side car so he can zip me around with him...lol. One thing I do know, he likes the dressing up part of cruising and I don't. So we'll see if I pack something for the "occasion" or not. I'm planning on taking my good Canon that I got for my birthday in August from my son and try to figure out how to work it on this cruise.

There is also another man who cruises all over the place who has an interesting website... . Check out his photography...absolutely fantastic. http://amazingvoyages.blogspot.com/

Edited by yellowbird23
correction

:)I am in Ocho Rios, sitting on my scooter (no sidecar ... verrry funny!! and found free WiFi!!

I can just see him now, relaxing on his new scooter. I looked it up online, and this scooter folds down when not in use, correct? I am so glad it will be easier on him to get around.

I am sure he will e-mail me and let me know where he is going to stay while off the ship that week. At least I hope so. I asked him if his scooter has a side car so he can zip me around with him...lol. One thing I do know, he likes the dressing up part of cruising and I don't. So we'll see if I pack something for the "occasion" or not. I'm planning on taking my good Canon that I got for my birthday in August from my son and try to figure out how to work it on this cruise.

There is also another man who cruises all over the place who has an interesting website... . Check out his photography...absolutely fantastic. http://amazingvoyages.blogspot.com/

Thanks yellowbird23 for your updates of Egon's trip!!! I look on this site everyday to see if there is an update. I hope you enjoy yourself when you meet up with him in the new year. I am cruising on Royal Jewel of the Seas for an 11 night cruise and hoped that our paths, or ships, may cross...but my cruise is a day behind his in Grand Cayman (the only island that our trips have the same) So I will just have to follow your updates.:D

I also checked on the other website that you have listed here. You are sooo right the photography is wonderful. I now have 2 stories to follow!!

Sandra

oops! We ALL lost!

Pat, please go to Travelscoot.com and look at the scooter! There is no colour!!

Signing off now, tomorrow in Cozumel, Mexico we'll chat then. Love - Egon

Guess I'll just have to take him some fluroescent tassels for the handlbars!!! lol:D:D:D

Edited by yellowbird23

Me too...He's probably too busy wining and dining the ladies. Quite a flirt I might add. Or else he's been caught for speeding on that scooter of his! Either way, today may be a changing of the cruise passengers...not sure. I'm sure I'll hear something very soon and it will be posted for all to see.

Edited by yellowbird23

Thanks, Pat. We appreciate you doing this. I hope he gets a good group this week. A nice single lady for him to talk to would be great. I have an uncle that is 85, and very handsome. Ladies just love him also. Women like men with good conversation, and who are intelligent. Egon fits that bill. :)

Thanks, Pat. We appreciate you doing this. I hope he gets a good group this week. A nice single lady for him to talk to would be great. I have an uncle that is 85, and very handsome. Ladies just love him also. Women like men with good conversation, and who are intelligent. Egon fits that bill. :)

He sent me a pic of him going to dinner and he had on a bowtie and burgundy jacket. Looked distinguished.