Solstice - Use of Day Room

Ayrshire Lass

Hi,

We are flying back to UK on an evening flight and Celebrity have given us a "Day Room" at the Wyndham Airport Hotel - can you tell me if this is just a "shower and change facility" or do we have an actual room for use all day?

Also, is the Wyndham near any good shopping malls as we'll probably pass the hours there if it is. Are there any shuttle buses to it too?

Thanks

Liz :)

In the US, day rooms are generally regular hotel rooms.

I don't know of any malls near this hotel and they only provide a shuttle to the airport terminals. You could rent a car to take you to points of interest in Miami and the hotel can arrange this for you.

Hi,

We are flying back to UK on an evening flight and Celebrity have given us a "Day Room" at the Wyndham Airport Hotel - can you tell me if this is just a "shower and change facility" or do we have an actual room for use all day?

Also, is the Wyndham near any good shopping malls as we'll probably pass the hours there if it is. Are there any shuttle buses to it too?

Thanks

You will have the room to use.

Sawgrass Mills is quite close and has good shopping.

Is your hotel on Griffin Road? There used to be a Wyndham there, but it has been a Hilton for several years now. There is nothing you can walk to from there, but they do have a nice swimming pool area. If you are planning to shop, maybe you could purchase a baggage transfer from the port to the airport and take a taxi to Galleria Mall (about $25 each way). Sawgrass Mills Mall is great but is further and would be about $100 in total taxi fare. You could rent a car, store the luggage in the trunk, and go to Sawgrass Mills Mall.

Thanks for answers.

It's good to know we have an actual room as opposed to a communal room where they stick everybody's cases and you can get changed as they do on some non-cruise holidays.

Maybe we'll just grab a sunbed and finish off the tan before we head home.

I apologize if your hotel is in Miami, the mall I refered to is in Ft. Lauderdale. Sorry:( Anyway have a great cruise!

You and I both assumed they meant Fort Lauderdale because they are sailing on the Solstice, but if they are flying to the UK, it probably is a Wyndom near MIA.

Archived