Food/drink on ferry from St. John allowed?

igo2travel

So I think we're going to try the day trip to St. John. Carnival Victory is porting at 7 a.m. If we're off the ship by 8 a.m., we can take taxi to the Red Hook Ferry and hopefully be on the 9 a.m ferry to St. John. We'll take a taxi to Trunk Bay or other beach and stay three-ish hours, which puts us leaving St. John around 1 and arriving back in Charlotte Amalie at 2 (with ferry and taxi back). We wanted to try and squeeze in the Sky Ride before reboarding by 4. So is there a take-out food place by the St. John Ferry so that lunch could be enjoyed on the ferry ride back and if food and drink is allowed on the ferry? Thanks.

There are a number of places near the ferry dock where you could get food to go, and yes - you can take it on the ferry.

I suggest having your taxi from the beach drop you off at Mongoose Junction, which is just a couple minutes walk from the ferry dock and get some sandwiches (and/or other goodies!) at Deli Grotto. After being at the beach the A/C in there will feel good while you're waiting for your order to be filled. There are also some cool shops in that same shopping "mall".

There's a place called Woody's that's very close to the ferry in St. John. We always stop there and order food to take back with us on the ferry to St. Thomas. You can just go right up to the bar out front and order your takeout. My favorite is a blackened chicken sandwich and onion rings. Really good!

Archived