Oceana fiords August

Roaming Rover

Has anybody been on the Oceana to the Norwegian fiords - interested to know any info - can anyone recommend a good excursion? Are there any themed nights? do you recommend the drinks packages ( or are there any!) Looking forward to going but has anyone any suggestions to make the cruise more interesting - is anyone going 21st August?

We went on a Fjords cruise June 2009, absolutely loved it, don't know about drinks packages. We had lovely weather, but it can be changeable, so I would pack layers for your day time clothing.

Norway is extremely expensive £14 for fish and chips to give you and idea and £5 for two small bottles of water.

We visited Olden, Geiranger, Stavanger and Bergen. You will have to formal nights, one of these being the Black & White night, which in my view is the most formal.

If you click on to my Flick'r photo site below, you will find photo's on Oceana and of our excursions, here is one to wet your appetite.

3880591243_9583be5c6c_b.jpg

The above photo was taken at Geiranger.

I went on Oceana to the Fjords late Aug/early September last year. You have 2 formal nights, one will be a black & white night. And 5 smart casual nights, loved Oceana. We had a fab time.

Here are photos from that cruise which show the ports and ship. Bergen is easy to DIY, plenty to see, have a look at the fish market in photos!

Olden was my favourite port, great scenery. We did the little land train around the town and lake (photos in album) and booked a trip to walk to the Briksdal Glacier in afternoon. If you are reasonably fit this is wonderful, (about 1 hr walk each way)with cakes and coffee after as a reward included in the tour-price.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/OceanaAugust2009FjordsCruise?authkey=Gv1sRgCPSenbjJ_a7hXQ#5378440949470303378

click link. Any questions, fire away. Which 4 ports have you got?

wow libra lass you have been cruising for a while ......only done three thomson cruises which we have enjoyed.first time on forum so not used to it yet.our ports are olden geiranger stravanger and bergan any advice on trips to go on or avoid would be great we just generally wonder around where we dock but if you think there is somewhere we should see please can you let me know.we have chosen personal dining does that sound ok which are the best sort of clothes to take for the day time are the cabins ok we are ja cabin c520 midship portside first time with a balcony i will take a look at your photos thanks:)

wow libra lass you have been cruising for a while ......only done three thomson cruises which we have enjoyed.first time on forum so not used to it yet.our ports are olden geiranger stravanger and bergan any advice on trips to go on or avoid would be great we just generally wonder around where we dock but if you think there is somewhere we should see please can you let me know.we have chosen personal dining does that sound ok which are the best sort of clothes to take for the day time are the cabins ok we are ja cabin c520 midship portside first time with a balcony i will take a look at your photos thanks:)

Olden, as you will see in the photos is lovely. The little land train parks by the ship, it was equiv. of £15pp to go on it, but it 'has to be done' lovely scenery around the Olden lake - all in photos , we booked the tour '' walk up to Briksdal glacier ''in the afternoon with coffee and cakes after, a fantastic day, one of my best cruise days (besides Venice!)..Highly recommend those two ideas, the land train tickets for the whole day were sold out by lunchtime, so if you want to go on the train, go after breakfast....

Photo of a balcony cabin on Oceana in that album too, smaller than other ships but perfectly adequate...loved the ship...Do try Cafe Jardin for a quieter breakfast and lunch, and its a Marco Pierre White restaurant in the evening for a supplement of around £10pp...in the photos are a one of a light lunch in there fishcake and salad - yum...

Only been cruising since 2006 so not a long time like some on here, but have just booked 10th and 11th this year and also been on ship visits and a Azura naming ceremony overnigher, so done quite a few in a short time..:)

• 4 weeks later...

very impressed with the photos of your Norwegian Fjords cruise it looks beautiful and you were obviously lucky with the weather. We are on Oceana doing same cruise in August and looking to book some trips can you remember off hand which ship trips you took? I would appreciate your advice as you seemed to pick the right ones!!!!

hi rambler 45 this is roaming rover the photos you looked at were libralass41 they are brilliant i must admit she has done a full review on her trip of last year hope weather is better than it has been in the last week if you look at july 24th posting i have got plenty of info from that posting we are going on the 21 august on oceana as well looking forward to it as first po cruise been on three thomson cruises so far so are novices to cruiseing laugh . . . . .

Archived