Is it still too early?

I was wondering if it is still too early to start planning my wedding. My fiance and I were looking at getting married in Puerto Vallarta on April 25, 2012. We want the 7 day cruise on the Carnival Splendor.

Do be careful with the contracts and such, but I do recommend booking it as early as you can confirm and are allowed by Carnival. We booked ours 10 months early, and our rates were sooooo great. The people that made the mistake of not booking in the 90 day window we had guarenteed rates for really regretted it, because the rates nearly doubled. I had someone book 2 months before the cruise and they paid as mush as I paid for our Grand Suite. Also, Carnival told me they only allow two wedding per port per day. Not sure how set in stone that is, because I have read posts where there were 3 in New Orleans, but that is just what they told me. Another thing to consider when picking your cruise, is some countries have different residency requirements for the marriage licence. In the Bahamas you have to visit another port IN the Bahamas before the day you are married because you have to be there for 24 hours. When we were shopping local port possibilities, some required 3 days. Just something else to research before you get set on a specific date and ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I hear ya on this. I got engaged in Disney World back in December. I knew I wanted a cruise wedding for April 2012. It has been soooo hard to even wait this long! I think I will finally be booking in the next month so I say go for it. Just make sure you have written down all your questions you want to ask before you get on the phone...if your like me at all your remember 3 questions and forget the other 10!

I hate to be such a downer, but you will have to use a local wedding coordinator because Carnival does not do any weddings in the ports that Splendor visits. Also, the licensing requirements for Mexico are kind of hard so cruise brides can only have "symbolic" weddings. You'd have to get legally married before or after the cruise at your local courthouse. The only option that Carnival does provide is an embarkation day wedding in Long Beach.

MalibuBarbie

Archived